Twenty-Nine (Ventinove)

Warning- Mentions of Blood.

I stumbled through the dark hall way back up the mildewed stairs into the abandoned kitchen above, even though the air was dusty it was still much preferred than having to be in that cellar any longer. Jaxon and my uncle stood at each other's gun point none of them even turning to look at me, I drew my own gun and cocked it, I pointed it at Enzo.

"Drop it zio" (uncle) it was only then his eyes flickered towards me but he still never lowered his weapon, he took in the blood that was seeping out of my make shift bandaged wound as well as the blood that soaked my clothes and dripped from my hair,

His eye looked around me "Where's Maeve?"

"Your daughter is currently pleading with the angels to let her in, now drop your gun"

On hearing about his daughters death he faltered slightly Jaxon took that opportunity to grab and twist his hand causing him to drop his weapon.

Jaxon kicked it aside and continued twisting Enzo's hand till it broke, my uncle roared in pain. Jaxon's knee then connected with his stomach knocking the wind from his lungs, he stumbled back into an old island counter which he slid down. Now sitting, his back resting on the side of the counter I walked up to him, he grabbed onto my legs and pleaded for me to save him.

"Save you?" I laughed and pointed my gun at his head then lowered it a bit I shot his left thigh, "That is for my mother" I shifted the gun and shot his right thigh next "That is for my father" with each shot he cried out his apologies never ending, but they had no meaning to me now.

I was about to send a bullet down his throat when I turned to Jaxon,

"Kill him" was all I said.

Jaxon unsheathed a sizable sliver dagger from his side and advanced towards our uncle, his pleading got louder, he even tried playing the family card on us. We gave no sympathy to him, Jaxon dragged the blade of the dagger tortuously slow along the width of his neck.

"It's funny isn't it, that you and your daughter had to die the same way, although she was more of a man about it" I hissed at him.

We watched how he retched at his own blood and the life slowly draining out of his eyes, me and Jaxon stood there in silence over our dying uncle until he lay limp.

After the life left his body I fell into Jaxon's arms he placed one of my arms around his neck while wrapping his around my waist supporting me. We slowly shuffled to the exit Jaxon speaking to me trying to keep me conscious "You're going to have to pay for dry cleaning, this was a new suit you know" Some how I found the energy and rolled my eyes at him "I just saved your ass over there, consider that payment enough"

"No you didn't"

"Yes I did" And so we continued until I felt the biting cold of the wind hit my face, the fresh air was more than invited, caking the blood on my skin and drying the sweat of my body.

Knowing that the mission was completed the adrenaline that once coursed through me and keeping me going faded quickly. I felt myself being shifted into someone else arms.

The scream of my name from Iliana was the last thing I heard before darkness engulfed me.

                                                                     __________________

Yall think Vera died? oop.