Two(Due)

The guards stationed outside my room lead us to the event. The estate was big enough to host these kinds of things so no driving was necessary.

"You look stunning Vera" Marco a man one year younger than me said.

He was in the mafia for a long time and I considered him my childhood acquaintance. I made it my business not to keep friends or trust easily due to a past family incident.

"Thank you Marco, you look dashing as well" I said sending him a wink, a small blush covered his cheeks and I chuckled at his innocence.

Upon arrival to the room more guards who were stationed there pulled open the double oak doors for us to enter,

"Ma'am" they said in unison, I replied with a smiled and walked through.

Classical music filled my ears, the sounds of laughter was contradictory considering the sinful acts the persons gathered were involved in, the clinking of heels and glasses made me somewhat smile, it was good to see everyone happy I was shaken out though by a voice I know all to well.

"Mia figlia!" (My daughter) my father boomed breaking out of conversation and coming towards me.

He had a ridiculous smile on his face, his toned body took the attention off his now completely gray hair, the white suit he wore complimented his olive green eyes and tanned skin despite his occupation my father was one of the kindest men I knew.

I loved him dearly and I know he loved me the same.

"Papi" I smiled warmly at him

"You look breathtaking il mio fiore" (my flower)

"Thank you" I tip toed to kissed his forehead and he moved to hug Iliana engulfing her in a bear hug, he considered her his own after her parents disowned her.

With my attention on them I didn't noticed when a hand was slung across my shoulders.

"You look fat" I rolled my eyes at my brother's statement

"And you look dumbfoundingly stupid" he ruffled my hair a bit to which I cursed at him for and took my hands pulling me towards some 'friends' leaving Iliana with my father I waved sorry hand at her and she just laughed.

After what seemed like hours but was actually 45 minutes of saying greetings to older men and their wife's or' business partner' as my brother calls them my fathers voice boomed from in front the crowd.

"Gentlemen and beautiful ladies of tonight may I have your attention"

All eyes were now on him, no one dared to disrespect the boss by talking.

"I am sure you all know why we are here no?" He continued "I am getting old,    I'm afraid I have used up all my youth, however, fear not you will still have a leader. Strong, cunning, fearless, you name it and my son Jaxon has it, probably not so much of my good looks but" a laugh erupting from the crowd when they quieted down he looked at Jaxon who was standing next to me "my son, come" he says.

Jaxon leaves my side and the crowd parts for him as he walks to the front.

I watch as his cold and unforgiving olive eyes that he got from our dad shine in the light of the chandelier, his tapered all black suit fitted his chiseled body to a T, his black hair slicked back not a strand out of place to say he was good looking was an understatement and he knew this.

Jaxon was a playboy who kept many women in his 25 years of life but it was not my business to pry so I didn't, he was the complete opposite of me who had only one ex-partner.

He greeted my father with a firm shake of the hand "Jaxon, my boy" my fathers eyes filled with pride and mine with tears.

In my fathers hands he held a red velvet box opened to reveal a huge gold ring, a snake's body made up the band of it, its mouth open to hold a stone as green as the rolling hills of Tuscany.

It was the boss' ring, kind of like a family heirloom passed down from leader to leader.

As my father placed the ring onto Jaxon right index finger the gunfire ensued.

________________

Hi guys, me again I really hope this book isnt boring to you all ahahaah and i apologize for anyyy errors i made :(

Stay Safe.