Twenty (venti)

I giggled as August shampooed my hair, after we were done showering I turned the faucet off. August placed wet kisses along my shoulders, I knew what he was doing and I stopped him before he could venture any further,

"August" I said in warning

"Sorry sorry you're just... irresistible gattina" I pushed him off and stepped outside of the shower, I pulled a towel to dry myself and handed him one as well.

I left August in the bathroom and went into my room and pulled on one of his big t-shirts that he brought for him self before coming here.

I got under the covers and waited for him, when he emerged he grinned as he saw what I was wearing

"So what am I supposed to wear?"

I shrugged.

He pulled on some boxers alone and joined me shortly in bed, he got behind me and pulled me impossibly closer into him, wrapping his arms around me we lay there in silence for some time. He didn't rush me for an explanation, he waited till I decided what I wanted to say the rise and fall of our breathes the only sound.

"Before I was born" I started my family's dark history "my grandfather was head of the mafia however, he was ready to retire from this life and as you know he had my father and another son, my uncle.

Both brothers cared for each other deeply and ran the mafia along side their father but my grandfather never chose a successor at the time, one of the things my father and uncle did was manage the outside businesses that my grandfather owned, you know like clubs. bars restaurants to accommodate and put a legal ribbon where our money was coming from be it as it may, by some twisted fate my mother was a waitress at one of these restaurants, she caught the eye of my father, intoxicated her beauty he began courting her"

I untangled myself from August's grip and sat up hugging my knees, he only looked up at me saying no words allowing me to speak freely

"But what my father didn't know was that she also caught the eye of his brother, my mother was forced to choose between the two, obviously she chose my father.

2 years after they got married and had Jaxon I followed shortly after, my father was then chosen as my grandfathers successor because he had heirs, when this happened my uncle left the main estate and started living on his own, around the time I was born so was Maeve, but we never knew who her mother was, she left her father's estate and swore loyalty to mine, enraged by this my uncle ambushed our family when I was around 5, he shot my mother right in front of us killing her and my unborn sister, my uncle swore vengeance against my father saying that he took everything away from him, ever since I saw a man who was supposed to be my family kill my mother in cold blood I swore to myself to never trust easily.. to never love for her sake and I'm scared if you say those words August" tears escaping my eyes "that I would break my vow to myself and to her" I finished.

Once again August embraced me letting me cry.

"Va bene amore mio, lo capisco" (It's okay my love I understand) he cooed at me while rubbing my back "sono qui con te, non importa quello che prometto" (I'm here with you no matter what I promise)

His words comforted me but made me cry more at the same time. I have never told anyone about my mother's death except for Iliana. I said nothing to his statements and fell asleep in his arms from exhaustion.

                                                                                      _______________

:(