One (Uno)

Beads of sweat rolled down my abdomen as I rapidly exhaled through my mouth. I was trying to keep the pace of my workout, on my last set my hands were engulfed in boxing gloves as I sank them into the punching bag, after 10 more minutes my arms felt like jello. I tore off the gloves and dropped them where I stood then slumped down on the nearest bench gulping down water like my life depended on it. My phone rang startling me

"Hello?" I answered

"Vera" chirped back a small voice

"Did you forget we had an appointment?"

"Shit Iliana I am so sorry it slipped my mind I'm on my way"

Iliana was my only friend, the only genuine woman besides my mother that I knew.

I wiped my face and started making my way out of the estate's gym but quickly noticed that all the attention was on me. Well I mean that's pretty normal considering it isn't every day you see a bosses daughter training, they're usually married off by this age and live some obedient housewife life however, when I was around 16 I made it very clear to my father that I was not about to be their typical 'mafia princess'.

I'm 22 now and can hold my own against some of the men here, I'm not an assassin or anything of the sort, I just did not have plans to be a damsel in distress so I started self defense training when I was 18.

My mind straying to what I was going to have for lunch as I was deathly hungry however, my thoughts of panzanella were interrupted by a rough voice

"Watch your fucking mouth and show some respect next time"

I look up to see a very shirtless, very good looking muscular man with his hand around another's neck, his gun pointed at a next.

'Who the hell brings a gun to the gym?' I thought to myself

I found the closest person to me and asked what was happening, nervously and almost unwillingly he told me that the men at the stranger's mercy were speaking suggestively about my body and he put them in their place.

"Is that so?" I hummed

"Yes ma'am" he answered

I thanked him for telling me, looked at the mystery man once more and left the gym.

—————-

"Haaaa, that's good" I exclaimed taking a huge bite of the sandwich in front of me.

Iliana had thoughtfully brought me lunch when she had arrived to pick me up, after showering and getting changed into some Adidas sweatpants and a white tank top I sat in her dark green Jaguar C- X75, it was her pride and joy and if I had to say, Iliana loved this car more than people.

"Hey hey hey make sure and don't drop anything" she warned

"I won't" I chimed back very satisfied with the food she made me, we were on our way to a dress fitting as surprising as that sounded.

My elder brother, Jaxon was taking over the Italian mafia from my father and there would be an event tomorrow afternoon to celebrate what I suppose can be called his coronation.

At our arrival to "Lux" we were greeted with a tray of champagne and strawberries, my eyes lit up in exultation because even though I was trained and dangerous, I am still a woman who liked the finer things in life.

"Ms. Di Genova, Ms. Roman" an age-able man addressed us.

He was fair with some wrinkles adorning his face, his hair was salted with gray but his good looks still peaked through.