Six (Sei)

I stormed back to my room, not before picking up something sweet from the kitchen to eat first though.

I sat on the edge of my bed with lotus on my lap, surprisingly I wasn't as mad as I thought I'd be to be working with someone.

'Is it because it's August?' I questioned myself. I sighed in confusion a knock on my door pulling me out of my sulking

"It's open" I chime.

My bedroom door swung open to reveal none other than August Alessi.

I visibly roll my eyes at him.

"La prossima volta che alzerai gli occhi al cielo, ti piegherò su questo letto e ti sculterò finché il tuo culo non sarà rosso come le tue guance" (Next time you roll your eyes at me, I will bend you over this bed and spank you till your ass is red as your cheeks)

I was taken aback by his words even though he was my brother's capo he was sure as hell brave. My body screamed to be taken by the man in front of me but I didn't let it show on my face with nothing else to say I asked him why he was here. He briefly explained to me that he was about to check a shipment of weapons that arrived earlier today and my brother wished for me to go along he also explained that we would be stopping at Iliana's apartment to get her things.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. He responded to my reaction telling me that my father demanded she lived here now as she was part of this family and it was unsafe for her to be alone. I nodded in agreement.

"You have two hours, get dressed and meet me downstairs" was all he said before walking out my door, about 2 seconds later he reopened it and added "And Vera don't be late, I would hate to have to punish you."

I threw a pillow at the door and he retreated with a laugh.

'Stupid August' I screamed to myself before heading into my closet to change into combat wear.

________________

I trudged down the stairs into the backyard looking for August, I was dressed in black cargo pants and a long sleeve turtleneck my feet were protected by boot and I hid my face slightly with a cap. Weapons were sprinkled across my body. One gun on each of my thighs and small assassin blades at my biceps.

I spotted August and called out to him he left the conversation he was having and walked to met me halfway

"You look good principessa." He was dressed in similar attire

"Let's go August." I said ignoring that his comment made my heart skip a beat. While in the SUV driving to the private port my father purchased some years back August told me that some of his men would be meeting us there. I gave a simple "Okay" and it was back to the ear shattering silence, it was so damn awkward being with him alone I couldn't take it.

Cutting through the tension I attempted a conversation

"Sooo I guess since we'll be seeing each other often why don't you tell me about your self"

"Hmm" August pondered before speaking

"Well there really isn't much to know, my mother was a dancer, she got pregnant with me and when she had me she tried to change her life around but she was poor and out of desperation she sold me to the mafia when I was 6 , I don't know anything about my father, since then I guess you can say I've been working my way up through the ranks"

Shocked and slightly sad at his words I softly apologized for making him talk about it I should have known if he was in the mafia he did not have a happy start to life.

"Oh bambina, are you worried about me?" He smirked

"I am" I plainly replied, I watched the smile drop from his face as his eyes widen from my response flushed he didn't know what else to say but I guess we ran out of time anyways.

"We're here" he said as he pulled up a little distance from two containers one red and one blue. He shut the engine off and we got out and walked to where a group of men greeted us

"Capo, Ma'am."

August gave his men orders and stationed them around the premises he told me to stand at the end of the container, the side that faced the ocean and watched to see if anybody was approaching while he opened it to check the contents. As I stood in my position someone called out to me it was a voice I recognized but couldn't pin point

"Verena is that you?" My head whipped to where my name was called.

___________________

Who do yall think it is? An ex maybe? :0