Fourteen (Quattordici)

Money can do wondrous things, skipping the lines of the airport I was being ushered onto the runway, my luggage following behind me, one filled with clothes and the other with weapons. I boarded the Di Genova private jet with no issues and got ready for my 4 hour flight to Spain. Seated in the luxury leather seats I flipped through the file Jaxon handed to me before I left, apparently the Spanish cartel wanted permission to sell their products in our territory.

I rubbed my temples nursing a nauseating headache, I threw the file on the table in front of me and closed my eyes.

When I reopened them, we were beginning our descent, I looked out my window to the morning sun casting shadows on the primitive white architecture of Spain.

Finally coming to a halt the pilot said everything was safe and I could exit, he told me to contact him when I was ready to leave, with a nod the stairs of the jet unfolded and I descended down.

The cool morning air whipped my hair in all direction I brought a hand up to my eyes to shield it from the harsh sunlight. My driver greeted me at the end of the stairs and handed me keys to a ivory Ferrari 488 GTB and told me he would bring my bags to the hotel. I quickly thanked him, got into my car and sped off. Before reaching the hotel I stopped at a few places to get some last minute things. I also booked a reservation at El Bulli, a Michelin 3-star restaurant to have my meeting with Luis Sánchez, the head of the Spanish drug cartel.

I pulled up in front of my hotel a few hours after, where the hotel valet attendant took my car. I strode into the lobby to check into my room,

"Verena Di Genova" was I told the woman who was attending to the front desk, I was in no mood for small talk.

Her eyes widened at my family's name,

"Por favor venga por aquí sra Di Genova" (Spanish- Please come this way Ms. Di Genova)

She guided me to an elevator that was for V.I.P. use and handed my a key card.

"Su habitación está en el piso 21. Disfruta tu estancia" (Spanish- your room is on the 21stfloor enjoy your stay)

I took the card out of her hand and entered the elevator and pressed the button which took me to the top floor, I rolled my eyes, of course my doting brother got me the penthouse.

The elevator dinged as the doors opened, crystal chandeliers lit up the wine colour carpets that laid in the hall, on top it were a few stands which held expensive looking vases and some plants.

My driver stood at the door of my room with my bags on either side of him, I swiped the key card on the allotted slot found on the door and after a few beeps it opened. The room was dark with the exception of the light coming in from the sky view windows which made up one wall of the room, a queen size bed stood at the middle with the usual furniture around it, to the right there was the kitchen area and the bathroom, to the left a walk in closet.

I took my bags from my driver and dismissed him, shutting and locking the door, I sat down on the couch provided , opened one of my suitcases and took out my laptop. I quickly formulated an emailed to Luis Sánchez telling him the place and time of our meeting adding that if he was late, the deal would be off after it was sent I immediately got a reply confirming that he would be there. I slammed my laptop shut and took off my phone, I needed some peace.

Peeling off my clothes I got into bath, eager to feel the hot water ease knot that was forming at my shoulders.

After a quick but relaxing bath I changed and got into bed awaiting for the suns arrival to start my day in Spain.

                                                              _____________________

Yall like anime? I do :)