Five (Cinque)

N.B. A caporegime usually shortened to capo is a  used in the  for a  of an Italian  who heads a "crew" of  and has major social status and influence in the organization.

I awoke the next morning at 8:49am, I sighed knowing I won't be able to fall asleep again and I kicked off my covers. To started my day I took a quick shower and got dressed in some black sweat pants,a matching tank top and with white trainer shoes, I threw my hair up in a high ponytail and left my face makeup free.

Since my injury was taking it's sweet time to heal I was taking a break from training.

I took my time walking through the estate to the little outdoor gazebo where I was greeted by a scream.

"VERA" it was Iliana.

I hugged her tightly glad she was safe, I apologized for not coming to check up on her soon but she held her hand up to say 'Don't'.

Her eyes drifted to my shoulder and frowned, I assured her it was nothing to worry about and with a sigh she let it go

"Ah your brother wants to see you after breakfast" she stated while cutting an apple, the wind gently blew, taking up some of her hair and spreading it across her face.

"My brother?"

"Yeah, he sent me to get you but I thought you would still be sleeping so I didn't want to wake you because I know how grumpy you get"

I exhaled through my nose at her comment, she handed me half of the apple she just cut, forgetting about breakfast for now I got up and kissed her on the forehead.

"I'll see you later okay?"

She nodded and waved me bye.

On the walk to my brother's office I finished the apple thinking about what he could possibly want from me, dread filled my gut at the thought of something happening to papi I quickly shook the thought out of my head 'Papi is a strong man' I assured myself.

I knocked twice on the door and called out to him

"Jax it's me"

"Si accomodi" (come in)

Looking at my nails I opened the door and mindlessly spoke,

"What Jax it's so early." When he was silent my eyes traveled up to where he was sitting behind a large wooden table littered with paper in an equally large leather chair.

I quickly noticed we were in fact not alone my eyes ventured to the demonic beauty of a man standing behind him.

It was August.

He offered me a small grin to which I didn't respond.

"Di cosa si tratta?" I asked in my mother tongue (What's this all about?)

"Vera" he said my name with caution.

"I want to introduce you to my capo"

Hold the front door, my eyes almost popped out of my head.

"Capo?" I responded

I was fucking around with my brother's capo I wasn't quite sure how I felt about that.

"Yes, his name is August I don't think you two are acquainted"

Not acquainted my ass. My thoughts went back to how his lips felt against my soft skin and he seemed noticed and let out a chuckle bringing me back to reality.

"What's wrong Vera you seem out of it" my brother asked

"Ah it's nothing I just uh.. didn't think you'd choose a capo so quickly is all"

"I've know August for a while now he's a good man"

Yeah good with his lips my inner slut screamed, I shut her out and smiled at August.

"It's nice to met you signore" (sir) mischief played on my tongue.

"Also Vera" Jaxon continued

"You would be working with him"

"Excuse me?" I questioned wondering if I heard him correctly.

Jaxon knows I don't work with others, I move by myself.

"Vera please"

"No Jaxon I don't work with others you know this"

"Verena" his voice turning harsh but there was something lingering in his eyes reminding me of the past I knew all too well. The pain of my mother's death showed in his eyes and I understood.

Defeated I sighed "Okay"

"Thank you" his voice small and filled with relief

"But, under no circumstance is he to act as a bodyguard I do not need protection I can handle my own, we work together as equals"

"Understood gattina" August replied this time.

I turned on my heels to walk out but before I left without turning back around I asked

"And papi?"

"He's fine, resting in his room" My shoulders slumped with solace at the news.

"Jaxon" I called out one last time

"Mm" he hummed

I turned around

"Congratulations on taking over"

I was truly proud of him but before he could make it sappy I flipped him off and left the room, not sparing a single glance towards August in fear of what he made me feel.

____________________

How are yall doing today? Wanna talk about anything?

<3

Remember to drink your water kiddies.