Thirteen (Tredici)

My eyes quickly scanned the document and I exhaled through my nose in a laugh

"How is this even possible? Only the inner circle of the mafia knows the location of this warehouse"

"Exactly smartass, somebody has been leaking information"

The document in my hand read that over the course of 5 months the profits from the drug cartel of our organization when down by 1/2.

Due to legal issues we kept our shipment of drugs in secure locations across the world along with stacks of cash as putting millions into the bank would obviously raise eyes.

"I need you to go and investigate this" Jaxon said a bit calmer now

"Someone is stealing from us under our noses and I wouldn't allow it"

"You want me to go to Spain?" I asked him ignoring his other statements, because that was where this particular warehouse was located.

"Yes Vera I need you to go to Spain" sarcasm laced his words but I saw how stressed he was and did not fight him

"Okay, I'll leave tonight"

"Thank you sorella" (sister)

Before I walked out to apparently pack for Spain he handed my some other folders, "Look over these while you're in the jet, make the call if you want to finalize the deal or not, the client lives in Spain as well so while you're there take care of this"

"Is that all?" I asked monotonously

"Yeah"

"I'll call you when I land" with that exited the room with an important assignment on my hands

________________

I finished packing around 5pm and was having a conversation with Iliana and some of our housekeepers when my phone rang.

"Ms. Di Genova, the jet is ready and waiting"

"Alright thank you I'll be out in a minute" I hung up the phone and the cheerful conversation died down Iliana looked at me with sad eyes, I flicked her on the forehead and told her I would be back soon it's just some small business.

I wasn't allowed to divulge anything at this time even to her. While she was walking me towards the front door I asked her to take care of lotus for me but then I heard my name being shouted.

Fuck.

I was hoping to leave without him knowing August grabbed my suitcases out of my hands.

"Verena, where the hell are you going?" Iliana took that as her cue to leave, she kissed me quickly and went back into the kitchen.

I took my luggage back from August and offered him a "It's none of your concern"

I was out the door walking to the fully black tinned SUV waiting for me as I opened the door his big hands slammed them shut from behind me preventing me from entering "Verena" he growled, his voice serious without looking at him, saying nothing more and nothing less I replied "Spain"

The driver had already put my things in the car, August realizing I was not going to tell him anything else released the door. I entered the back seat, told the driver to go and I was on my way to the airport leaving behind my worries of Italy and August.

                                                                              ___________________

Where are yall from?

:)