Nine (Nove)

When I finished packing Iliana's things I feel asleep waiting for her and by the time the knock on my door woke me up she was gone. Honestly, what is it with people knocking on my door and ruining the best parts of my day? Fully expecting it to be annoying August I mentally prepared myself however, I opened the door to find gray eyes staring back at me.

"Maeve"

"Hey" she said

"What are you doing here I thought you didn't want to come back?"

"I'm just here to train I was wondering if you wanted to join me"

My injury was about healed by now so I took her up on the invitation.

"Uh sure, I'll meet you in the gym" She smiled sadly and closed the door, I arrived at the gym and noticed there were several more people than usual.

Familiar brown eyes found mine, I walked up to August and tip toed to reach his ear, I asked in a whisper why there were so many people here. He explained to me that once every six months his men are required to participate in a physical exam that includes hand to hand combat ,weight training and target practice among other things

"Hmm" I hummed more to myself than anybody else.

Even though my injury was healed I did not want to put stress on it so I stuck to some light running on the treadmill and target practice alone.

I watched from the other half of the gym as men fought each other my eyes always wavering back to him. He was talented with fighting and ruthless as well. I watched as his tanned arms locked into position on his colleagues neck slamming him down on the mattress floor, while the man was down August climbed onto his back pinning his arms behind him with one hand and putting a knife to his throat using the other, when the man surrendered August got off his back and extended a helping hand to him, they exchanged some words and had a laugh

"Alright then whose next?" his words held pure amusement in them.

A petite figure entered the ring , it was Maeve.

Hold up what is she doing, is she going to fight HIM?

I knew she was strong but there was no way she was that strong even I had doubts I could take him down. However, August did not deny her fight she was a part of his team and he treated her as an equal.

After sizing each other up surely creating strategies in their minds they got closer to each other in one swift motion Maeve crouched down and swept her feet under his making him lose balance and fall, she wasted no time getting on top his back.

What the hell? How long has she been training but August was not fazed he threw her off and was now on top her abdomen area he spread her legs holding them down to ensure she couldn't kick while he was perched on her he leaned over, his face now over hers, his hands came up to her throat and he stared into her eyes.

I felt my stomach turn and an ugly feeling arose in me at the sight. Why was he doing all that? He already won, hurry up and get the fuck off her I mentally screamed at him.

I averted my eyes, my irritation level peaking and continued shooting at the target in front me I put one shot between it's eyes and two more found their way into it's chest. I was so lost in thought that I didn't realize August now stood on the side of me until he said something "You're a good shot"

"Thanks" I scoffed at him, slammed the gun down and walked away. As I was heading out of the gym desperately needing to get away from August I heard one of his men reading the finally rankings.

1. August

2. Marcel

3. Tamlin

4. Maeve

For some reason hearing the results made me angrier.

'Of course his dumb-ass is first' I said to myself.

Maeve placing 4th in a group of about 25 men really bothered me as well, more so about my own strength.

With my head spinning I leave the gym seeking the comfort of a hot bathe and maybe some alcohol.

I heard August's voice calling to me as I paced up the stairs.

"Leave me alone August" I made my voice harsh.

"Bambina..."(Baby) he trailed off.

Finally making up the stairs I turned the corner and violently swung my room door open shutting it as quick as I opened it in his face making sure to lock it.

I peeled my clothes off and started running a bathe.

                                                             _____________________

What's yall favorite word? For some reason mine is ellipsis...