Twenty- Eight (ventotto)

Warming- Mentions of Blood

Enzo spoke next "Maeve sweetheart, forget about Jaxon's ring bring me his head I'm sure people would get the idea and bow to me then"

"Yes Father" she said almost robotically.

He left through the door after giving Maeve his orders I looked at Jaxon and he understood and went after him Maeve tried to block his path but I was already walking up to her.

"If you want my spot so bad, come take it bitch" I fired the two remaining shots from my gun at her and missed as she dodged, I threw the empty weapon at her distracting her for a few seconds while I removed a karambit knife from my boot I spun it around my finger a few times before getting it comfortable in my hand.

Maeve unsheathed an all black steel blade from her back and swung it aiming for my neck, so this was going to be a knife fight.

I ducked under her blade and took the opportunity to sink my fist into her stomach she choked out air and stumbled back however, I didn't notice when she swiped her foot under mine making me lose balance and fall over the same move she used against August in their training she perched herself on top me.

" You know Vera, your little boyfriend was super helpful in executing this plan" My stomach turned, was August a traitor as well?

"What the fuck are you talking about" I sneered

She let out a genuine heartily laugh,

"Don't worry, unlike me August is your family's loyal dog, what I mean is that I used him for information, I slept with him the first time to get him to trust me and after that everything went my way he didn't even suspect that I drugged his things and while he was off in dream land I would steal the information off his phone, he's kinda stupid making the password your birthday" she rattled on and on "I was about to get information on your mission to Spain that night I got him drunk but you showed up and ruined the plan nevertheless it worked out although I was hoping you'd die there it would have saved me all this effort"

Her disgusting voice was starting to get on my nerves, I punched her in the face, the ring finger my knife was on connected with her nose and I was sure I heard a crack. She grabbed her face and I threw her off my body, a stream of fresh blood now flowing from her nose, she spit blood out and grinned.

Maeve began running towards me at full speed, using her shoulder she rammed me against the wall and put her arm across my throat suffocating me, with her free arm she angled my knife and sunk it into my side, white pain shot through my body as my own knife was plunged into my side, my other hand dangled freely I grabbed on to her shirt in desperation. She chuckled at my actions

"Well Vera it was good knowing you..truly" her snake eye stared into mine.

She was enjoying this, I smirked and pulled her closer to me using her shirt I yanked the knife out of my side and in one swift motion swiped it across her throat showering me in her warm blood, she stumbled back grasping at her neck and I heaved in air at her release.

Maeve sank to her knees, her own blood choking her I stood in front of my cousin her gray eyes following my every motion.

"Say thank you for small mercies Maeve" I pressed the cold metal of my gun barrel into her forehead and she closed her eyes, I shot her without hesitation putting her out of her misery, her body hitting the floor with a thud.

That victory was very short lived as the lancing pain in my side sent me to walls in support to hold myself up, blood gushed out of me and I could feel my consciousness fading but I couldn't allow my self to go down here.

I ripped my shirt and tied it tightly along the ban of my waist repeating the process with different strip of clothes until the pressure was enough to ease the bleeding I looked over to my fathers limp body, I dragged myself along the walls and knelt at his side, I placed his now cold hands in mine and winced at the sensation.

"Grazie per avermi salvato papi" (Thank you for saving me papi) I didn't cry, not yet I kissed his forehead for the last time and told him we would come back for him when all this was done.

This heist wasn't over yet I pushed off my knees and staggered through the door hoping Jaxon was close.

                                                                      _______________

Snickersnee- While this word sounds like something funny or possibly cute, it is actually referring to a long, dangerous knife. It was first used in reference to cut-and-thrust fighting in the 1700s and is still occasionally used when referencing the knife, though it is becoming more and more obsolete.

:]