29: DOUBLE TROUBLE

Start from the beginning

"Oh Gosh Nanz. you're always gonna be wierd. Come here we missed you." Mukti exclaimed as she and Navya pulled me into a bone crashing hug.

"I missed you guys too. " I replied hugging them even harder. That was true they are my family.

"Can i join?" Manik smirked leaning over the door frame.

"No you cannot. They are here just for me." I snapped back.

"Nandini behave. I cannot believe we left you too alone. I was so worried that we were gonna find either one of you dead when we would get bakc here." Navya laughed. She had no idea how amazing it was to be living with Manik under one roof. i know we had our ups and downs initially but now it was different.

"True but i am a good babysitter and a honest citizen of this country." manik bowed down mocking me.

"Excuse me. I made it easier for you choosing that deal." i snapped back not realising what i had just said but by the look on Manik's face it wasn't good.

"What deal?" the other two asked.

"I-, it just-" I stammered.

"We had a deal that we won't walk onto each others path , totally ignoring each other." Manik answered that for me saving our asses.

"Yeah exactly that." I joined too.

'Well that's good but now you guys don't have to do that since we are here to take you back home." Mukti linked our arms.

"Yupp come we'll pack and leave so that we can reach office on time." Navya walked towards my room door.

"Back home?" me and Manik, we both asked in unision. I can't go away from him.

"yes back home. Where we three live. Come on." Mukti pulled me along with her to get my things packed while i just looked over at Manik who looked as shocked and dissappointed as me.

NANDINI'S POV END

MANIK'S POV

I was shocked and dissappointed by the new info. Me and Nandini, we had just started to get along. She was like a drug to me and looking at her getting snatched away like that made me feel like a patient at rehab but i could do nothing. I just looked at her trapped between her friends, occasionally looking out for me so i went back to my room and locked it from the inside. She was gonna leave me right now and that feeling choked me. There won't be anymore morning banter and my day won't start with her beautiful face and her soft voice. This house won't be the same anymore and i'll be left alone as always.

I could hear her door getting opened ans steps approaching the stairs but a pair of footsteps just walked towards my door but stopped midway.

"Where are you goin?" Navya asked her, i know it was her at the door.

"I should say goodbye. He had been such a nice host to me." she replied in her baby voice. I knew she wasn't ready to leave me too.

"He must be busy right now, so we shouldn't disturb him. If he was free he would have still been standing here to bid you bye. you can just text him later." Mukti assured her and the footsteps faded away.

Their car left the mansion premises and i felt like a looser to not have done anything to stop her, but it wasn't my place. She was not bound to me and i was left alone like i had always been. My past came rushing back to me to the time when i thought i had everything but then suddenly my one anchor went slipping away from my hands.

MANIK'S POV END

NANDINI'S POV

I randomly picked up my office outfit after we got back home. It was wierd that this house that i had been calling my home since i got in this country didn't feel like home anymore, it wasn't holding that warm and cozy feeling. I brushed up my hair into a fuzzy bun and applied light make up. My mood was terrible and anybody could see it through my attire.