➳ the unexpected

last chapter

For the rest of the day, In Yeop and Ye Eun went out and ate in a fancy restaurant as they chatted about random stuff. They finally left and hung around with In Yeop's college graduate friends before finally arriving home at midnight.

"That was fucking exhausting." Ye Eun mumbled, struggling to stay awake.

In Yeop laid on bed next to her. He turned around to face her before she cuddled up next to him. "Go sleep."

"No. I don't want to sleep." She admitted, staring at his eyes.

In Yeop stared back at her, silent. He slowly leaned in and connected their lips together.

Ye Eun fluttered her eyes closed and kissed back, wrapping her arms around him as they made out.

"I love you, Ye Eun." He mumbled before trailing down to her neck and softly biting.

She sighed in content, hugging him closer. "I love you more..."

As if snapped out of a trance, Ye Eun blinked her eyes opened and stared at the ceiling as she felt his hands trail underneath her shirt.

He slowly pulled himself up and her eyes widened as she stared back at Song Kang, who grinned down at her.

"Did you think you'd forget about me?"

Ye Eun's throat went dry. Before she could say anything, Song's face disappeared and instead, it was In Yeop, looking at her in confusion.

"Ye Eun? Are you okay?"

She nodded, dazed.

But In Yeop wasn't convinced. He slowly sat up, causing Ye Eun to sit up as well, staring at him in curiosity.

"It's okay if you don't want to do it."

"I do want to do it. It's just..." she trailed off, unsure if it was a good idea to bring up Song.

In Yeop tilted his head. "What?"

"Nevermind. I must've confused you for Song just now... I don't know why."

"It's okay, Ye Eun, I understand that you had history with him."

She shook her head, hugging her legs together. "I don't want my stupid imagination to ruin the mood. We can continue."

But In Yeop, sat there, hesitant. He sighed. "I don't know... what if that happens again?"

Ye Eun grabbed his hand and pulled him towards her. "It's okay, nothing like that will happen again."

He stared at her before finally nodding and leaning down to kiss her again.

The next morning, Ye Eun was the first to wake up. She grabbed her clothes from the ground before tiptoeing out of the bedroom as to not wake up In Yeop who was sound asleep.

Ye Eun scurried to the bathroom and hurriedly changed into new clothing before running to the kitchen to make a quick breakfast. Upon noticing In Yeop walk out, she smiled.

"Morning."

"Hey. Why are you up so early?" He yawned, plopping himself on the dining table.

"I wanted to surprise you with a small breakfast."

In Yeop blushed and he smiled up at her.

"I was thinking we could go somewhere later." Ye Eun suggested.

"Where?"

Ye Eun slowly led the blindfolded In Yeop out of the car before walking him down the alley.