➳ threats

Junseo slightly teared up as soon as he saw Ye Eun laying peacefully on the hospital bed

"She's really exhausted. It's best Ye Eun stays here for a couple of weeks before she gets released."

"W-What happened to the baby?" He asked.

The doctor nodded. "The baby is fine. She really dodged a bullet here, but I'm not sure how it will go the next time. Ye Eun needs to be careful from now on."

Junseo sighed in relief. He looked back at Ye Eun and softly ruffled her hair. "I'm glad."

"Your friend is free to come in if he wants."

"He's not my friend." He muttered.

The doctor frowned. "I'm sorry?"

Junseo looked up at the doctor, smiling. "It's okay, I'm sure In Yeop would want to leave us alone."

"Alright. If you need anything, just call the nurses over. They're right at the front desk."

He nodded and bowed as the doctor left the room. Junseo looked back at Ye Eun and pecked her forehead, softly smiling.

"I'm glad you and our princess are okay. If anything actually happened to you... I don't know what I would've done. I would've killed myself for being so irresponsible... I'm sorry, Ye Eun. I really failed you."

His chest ached when he received no response. Junseo leaned down and rested his head against her's, closing his eyes.

"I hope you wake up soon, Ye Eun. It's killing me to see your beautiful eyes again."

"What are you doing?"

Junseo turned around and met In Yeop's eyes, who in turn stormed inside the room and walked to the other side of Ye Eun's bed, causing Junseo to get jealous.

He hugged Ye Eun closer. "Don't touch her."

"What did the doctor say? Is the fetus okay?" In Yeop asked, sighing.

Junseo nodded, looking back down at the love of his life. "Yeah. My princess is very strong. Especially Ye Eun. I'm glad they're okay."

In Yeop stared at him weirdly, before he glanced at the cellphone that laid on the desk next to Ye Eun's bed. "Did the kidnapper call Ye Eun from here?"

"Yes."

He scrolled through the recent contacts and hesitantly stared at the unknown phone number before looking back up at Junseo. "How can I be so sure you're not lying about Dohyun's incident?"

Junseo's jaw tightened. "Her brother has always been in and out of my house with no problem. Why should I hurt him with no logical reason?"

"Fair enough. If I find out you lied to my face, it's over for you." In Yeop threatened and began to dial the police. "We need to let the police know about what happened."