➳ grounded

Her parents had left overseas as they always did, and without saying their goodbyes

Her parents had left overseas as they always did, and without saying their goodbyes. Ye Eun was used to all of it. After showering and getting herself ready, she skipped downstairs and noticed security cameras surrounding the front door.

Ye Eun had almost forgotten she wasn't allowed to go outside unless it was for school related purposes. She sighed and dragged herself back upstairs.

Suddenly, her phone rang and she grabbed it from her bag. Upon seeing In Yeop's name, her blood boiled in anger and she tapped on the green button.

"Hey, are you okay? I-"

"Shut up!" She yelled, "This is all your stupid fault! Now I can't go out without my parents permission. I'm grounded!"

In Yeop remained silent on the other end of the call. Ye Eun immediately hung up and threw her phone against the wall, causing the screen to crack.

She cried and buried her face on her pillow. Ye Eun wanted nothing else but to see Junseo, even if it was for a little bit.

Her phone rang again after a couple of seconds of crying. Ye Eun grabbed her phone and teared up as Minah's contact popped up.

"Minah?" She asked in a cracked voice.

"Oh my gosh, Ye Eun! I'm so sorry, I should've stopped that stupid In Yeop!"

Ye Eun couldn't help it. She burst out laughing until her laughs became cries. "M-My parents hate me so much... they won't let me go out anymore, all because of what I did. I hate myself so much."

"Don't say that, Ye Eun! Please calm down, you're making me upset with your cries." Minah muttered.

She could picture her friends concerned look. Ye Eun felt herself smile and nodded, even though Minah couldn't see her. "I'm sorry. You can change the topic."

"Good. Take a deep breath and calm down. How was it last night though?!"

Ye Eun blushed and smiled, feeling butterflies roam around her stomach. "It was awesome."

"Get it girl! You finally scored some after so long! I was staring to think you'd die without getting your cherry popped after a long time."

"Don't say nonsense. Junseo would seriously freak out if he heard you say that."

Minah snorted, causing her to smile even more. "I mean, anyone would kill to sleep with you girl! Even Junseo, I have to admit he's sooo good-looking."

"That's my boyfriend you're talking about." She huffed.

"Heh! I know, I know, chill. But seriously though, he's very handsome, not to mention cute. Were you able to meet his parents?"

"He lives alone, and I would have never gone to his house in the first place if they were there, stupid."

Minah grumbled. "I guess you're right. Have you told him the situation?"

Ye Eun shook her head. "No, he might still be sleeping. I'm scared though, I don't know how to bring it up."

"Just tell him, it's not like he'll get mad. He's a sweet guy as you have said before."

"I know but still... I don't want him to worry about me. I know Junseo would be scared for me, probably even cry."

Minah stayed silent, until she bursted out laughing. "What? I don't think he'd go that far."

Ye Eun blushed in embarrassment. "I said probably, we don't know for sure."

"You're overthinking, Ye Eun. Snap out of it and tell him. Can't he just come to your house anyways?"

"Sadly no. There are security cameras in the front door, and probably in the backyard, although I haven't checked it myself." She sighed.

"What? They really crossed the line there. Can't you at least tell them to remove that?"

Ye Eun shook her head. "You know I'm their least favorite child, right? They'd never concede no matter how hard I try to convince them."

"Oh, that sucks... what about your brother? Can't he convince them?"

"I'm not sure. Dohyun is in college now. I could be interrupting him or something."

"You never know unless you try. I'd say go for it and see if he agrees. You told me he met your boyfriend already, right?"

"Yeah..."

Minah chuckled. "Ye Eun, sweetie, your only savior in this situation between you and your parents could only be your beloved and handsome brother, Lee Dohyun. Your parents could never say no to such a beautiful creature, now, can they?"

Ye Eun cringed at the description of her brother, but she realized how Minah was right. "Alright. I'll talk to him."

"Goodluck! I'm rooting for you and Romeo to meet up again!"

She blushed at the silly nickname.

Ye Eun sent a message to her brother about the situation before she left to make herself food in the kitchen. She didn't want to call in case Dohyun was busy.

For the next hour, she boringly scrolled through Netflix and ate the burrito she had made for herself as she kept glancing at her phone. Dohyun had still not replied to her message which ticked her off. She set her burrito back on the plate before opening her messages and scrolling through Dohyun's contact.

Her message was left on read since thirty minutes ago. Ye Eun fumed in anger and called Dohyun, who didn't pick up.

"Dohyun! Pick up!" She sighed when it got to voicemail and hung up. Her chances of seeing Junseo were very slim now.

Speaking of Junseo, Ye Eun had messaged him earlier about the situation, but surprisingly Junseo hadn't replied fast like he usually did. It made her wonder if he was busy.

"Seems like everyone has something to do besides me." She muttered to herself.

As if hearing her prayers, her phone rang and Ye Eun looked down at the contact before quickly accepting it. "Dohyun? Why didn't you respond earlier?"

"I was at the gym, sorry. What happened? I just read your message."

Ye Eun's face fell and she glanced at her burrito that laid on the plate. Her mother's words from yesterday replayed in her mind and she blinked back her tears.

"Ye Eun? Are you there?"

"It's mom. She and dad grounded me for leaving afterschool's tutoring."

"What? How do you expect me to get you out of that situation?" Dohyun asked.

"I don't know! But I'm not even allowed to go outside if it's not school. They took it too far. Please convince them to remove those security cameras!" She pleaded.

"Hold on," The call went silent for a few seconds before he came back. "Okay, so all I have to do is call them and tell them to remove those security cameras?"

Ye Eun quickly nodded. "Yes. You're the only one they'll listen to. Please Dohyun."

"Alright, I'm gonna see what I can. But don't mess it up and behave, okay? I don't want to get in trouble if they find out you were the one who told me to do this."

"Trust me, you won't." Ye Eun muttered, rolling her eyes.

"I have to go now. I'll call you tomorrow. Bye."

She looked down at the ended call and smiled to herself. Ye Eun could only hope she would be free to go tomorrow without having to worry about the security cameras watching her every move.