➳ insane

As soon as Ye Eun got back home, she slid down on the ground and burst into tears

As soon as Ye Eun got back home, she slid down on the ground and burst into tears. Her cries didn't stop until several minutes later, her phone rang.

Ye Eun accepted the call and shakily placed her phone against her ear. "Dohyun?"

"I'm outside your boyfriend's house. Open the door."

She looked around for Junseo. Once Ye Eun determined he wasn't home, she ran to the bathroom. "O-okay, just give me a few seconds."

"Wha-" she hung up the call and splashed cold water on her face to make it look like she wasn't crying before running back out and opening the front door.

Dohyun lowered his phone once he saw her state. He stormed in, shutting the door behind him. "Why are you crying?"

"It's just mood swings." She tried to explain but he wasn't buying it.

His eyes darkened. "Is that guy hurting you?"

Ye Eun sighed, shaking her head. "He's not, I swear. Besides, even if he did, I know how to defend myself."

"You better be telling me the truth. Anyways," Dohyun changed the topic, "The police contacted me yesterday."

Ye Eun nodded. "What did they say?"

"They couldn't find them anywhere and came to the conclusion that our parents were probably murdered."

"M-Murdered?" She whispered, "Oh my gosh..."

Dohyun placed a firm hand on her shoulder. "Listen to me. If they happen to be correct, I'm going to have to drop out of college and take over our dad's company. That means you're going to have move out of this neighborhood for your safety."

"But... they haven't even found them yet! What do we do in the meantime?" She frantically asked.

"The company is in good hands, at least for now. But once the investigation carries on for a couple of months and they find some clues, that will be the last thing that determines what we do." Dohyun glanced down at her stomach, "So? What have you two decided?"

Ye Eun followed his gaze and sighed. "I-I'm keeping it. If our parents are found I'll just explain everything to them. But I can't do it... I'm sorry, Dohyun."

Dohyun patted her head, hugging her. "You don't have to apologize. I have no right to decide what you do with your baby. If that's what you and Junseo want, I'll respect your decision."

She nodded, wrapping her arms around him. How long had it been since Ye Eun willingly hugged her brother? She couldn't remember.

"Thank you, Dohyun."

"Well, on the bright side, I guess I have to look forward to my niece or nephew." He joked.

Ye Eun weakly smiled. "Yeah, I guess so."