➳ you're mine

Long chapter

Long chapter

As soon as the door shut behind them, Ye Eun faced Junseo, crossing her arms.

"I didn't know we were gonna get married?" She asked, frowning in confusion.

Junseo blushed, oblivious to her reaction as he nodded, smiling. "Sorry.. it just came out. I planned to keep it a secret."

Ye Eun's eyes softened. She shut her eyes in defeat. All she had ever done in the end was hurt him. If anything, Junseo deserved someone better than her.

"I'm sorry, Junseo." She muttered and placed her hand on top of swollen stomach before rubbing it. "I've failed you... many times. Broken many promises I couldn't keep. You don't deserve to be with someone like me."

Junseo's smile twitched. His eyes widened and he shook his head wildly, grabbing her hands. "What...? Of course not. Ye Eun, you're all I could ever ask for. I love you, and our unborn daughter. You two are my only reason to live."

Ye Eun stared at him, speechless. She stayed silent as Junseo slowly connected their lips together. He was kissing her with so much passion, and it hurt her even more. She couldn't keep lying anymore.

So Ye Eun lightly pushed him away.

As Junseo met her eyes, he realized that she wasn't joking. His smile fell and he glanced down at the cuts in his wrists.

"I'm really sorry... being with you is amazing, but... I can't do this, Junseo. Since day one, it's always been him." Ye Eun whispered, tears rolling down her cheeks.

Junseo's eyes widened in disbelief. "What...? Is it because I'm a murderer? I-I haven't done any of that these past few months, Ye Eun. You brought some sense into me, and I realized what I was doing was wrong... please Ye Eun."

"It's not because of that." Ye Eun softly said, shaking her head. "The thing is, deep down, I know you're a nice guy. I can see the sincerity in your eyes that you won't do it anymore... but my heart just isn't here as I thought it was. I've done a terrible mistake and I know that I can't get out of it anymore, that's why, I'm sorry."

"Is meeting me... a mistake? And our baby girl, is she a mistake too?" Junseo's voice cracked.

"No!" She yelled, sighing. "Never. Meeting you was not a mistake. It was something that was bound to happen anyways, and I don't regret any of the memories I have with you. Neither is our daughter. She is a huge blessing."

Junseo stared down at the ground, swallowing back his tears. "Why...? Why is it him?"

Ye Eun gulped. "I don't know... it has always been him. I've known In Yeop since little, but those memories I spent with him were everything. Not having him in my future... will probably be another mistake I would do if I'm not honest with you."

"But what about your friend? Doesn't she love him as well?" He asked desperately.

"About that..." her voice lowered. "In Yeop told me she committed suicide. I wasn't able to have a proper sleep after that talk. But it makes my blood boil in anger. I'm more than positive someone had to do something with that."