➳ love at first sight

The next morning, Ye Eun woke up in the same room again, only this time, she was wearing different clothes than yesterday

The flashback from yesterday flashed across her mind and she panicked, patting herself around, before screaming.

"HELP ME! PLEASE HELP ME!"

Junseo stormed inside the room, wide-eyed. "W-What's going on?!"

She stood up, extending her hands in front of her to protect herself as he carefully approached her.

"STAY AWAY!" Ye Eun cried.

"Ye Eun... what's wrong? Are you okay?" Junseo softly asked.

She gulped, shaking her head. "P-Please don't hurt me! I-I promise I won't say anything but p-please don't hurt me!"

"I would never hurt you!" He insisted, "I love you so much to ever do that, you're the love of my life!"

She shakily lowered her hands down, glancing at flower vase behind her before Junseo enveloped her in a giant hug.

"It's okay, Ye Eun, no one's gonna hurt you. You're safe with me. Calm down, please. For the sake of our baby." He pleaded.

Ye Eun didn't say anything in response. Junseo slowly pulled her back and grabbed her hands before he guided her back to bed.

"Come on, you've been out of it since the disappearance of your parents. It's best that you get some rest."

"Why...?" She whispered. "Why did you kill her...?"

Junseo sat down next to her, gently wiping her tears off with his thumb.

Ye Eun slapped his hands away and grabbed his shoulders, shaking him frantically. "Why did you do that? Why?!"

He stared at her, silent. Ye Eun slowly removed her hands off of him and ducked her head down, sobbing.

"Why, you ask?" Junseo whispered as he stared into space.

She looked up at him, teary.

He sucked in a short breath. "She deserved it."

"What...? What did she ever do to you?"

Junseo glanced up at her, his eyes dark. "She murdered my parents. That's what she did."

Ye Eun covered her mouth in disbelief. She shook her head. "B-But why didn't you just call the cops on her? They could've made her pay in jail! You're going to jail for murder now!"

"It's okay. They won't ever find out."

"What do you mean...?"

Junseo stared at her lovingly. The intense look that once made her flustered no longer excited Ye Eun like before.

It terrified her.

He slowly smiled. "Trust me, Ye Eun. She did all sorts of horrible stuff to my family, especially me. She deserves it. But now that I have you, I know that I can finally move on and live happy for the rest of my life."