➳ alternate ending

Ahnjong blinked in surprise

Ahnjong blinked in surprise. She slowly nodded. "Wow..."

Junseo fought the urge to roll his eyes. He couldn't believe that despite trying to get her out, she wasn't doing it. It felt like she was trying to mess with him again, and Junseo wasn't having it.

He stopped showing trust for humans ever since Ahnjong broke their promise to get him out of his abusive household. Back then, Ahnjong's mother, Sujin, was really violent and she was scared of her as well, so they both agreed that she would help him escape and explain the situation to Junseo's parents before they even arrived home.

Unfortunately, the plan took a whole dark turn. Ahnjong never came to pick him up that night, and when Junseo was getting ready to leave, Ahnjong's mother came in and abused him. Not to mention, killed his parents the very same night they arrived home.

Since then, Junseo was no longer the same boy he was. His feelings for Ahnjong were gone just like that.

Ahnjong seemed to have read his mind because she simply looked away, as if guilty.

Bullshit. Junseo wasn't going to believe all the lies she was gonna tell him.

"... I see." Was what Ahnjong simply said.

Hwang In Yeop looked between them. "So? What's the story with you two? Seems like you had a lot of history going on."

"That is none of your concern. I never asked about your past with Ye Eun, so don't meddle in mines." Junseo growled.

"Hm. Fair enough, I guess. And you, miss? How were you able to save Dohyun?" In Yeop

Ahnjong sighed, shrugging. "My name is Ahnjong. As with Dohyun, I noticed he was in danger and immediately covered up as one of the kidnappers before pretending to get him into the room they were gonna lock him in. Poor Dohyun was bruised up, so I quickly got him out of there once the others were gone."

"Interesting." Junseo muttered.

In Yeop glanced back at the door, where Ye Eun and Dohyun were still in. Suddenly, Dohyun walked out, looking exhausted.

"Did Ye Eun go to sleep?" Junseo asked him.

Dohyun looked up at him, before frowning. "Yes."

Ahnjong and In Yeop awkwardly glanced at each other.

"By the way, Ye Eun told me that she hasn't seen Minah. Do any of you gentlemen know what happened to her?" Dohyun glanced between In Yeop and Junseo.

In Yeop's jaw tightened. He glanced at Junseo, who silently scoffed at Minah's mention, and looked away.

"Who's Minah?" Ahnjong asked.

"A friend of Ye Eun's." In Yeop replied, never taking his eyes off of Junseo. "Who is also dead."

"What?!" Dohyun screamed.

"That's right hyung. She supposedly committed suicide."

Ahnjong followed In Yeop's gaze towards Junseo's, and as if everything clicked, she immediately understood what he was talking about.