➳ distanced

As soon as he stepped inside the police headquarters, In Yeop's spotted Minah's parents

Her father was the first to spot him. He raised a hand and waved him over.

In Yeop ran towards them, he wide-eyed. "W-What happened? Is she okay?"

The mother shook her head, sniffling. "She's dead. The police said it was suicide."

In Yeop froze. He looked down in shock, tears filling his eyes.

"Her body was found in the river. When the police noticed a bloody knife next to her, they managed to find her prints on it. We thought it could have been murder, but there's no evidence of who could have done such a thing." The father murmured.

Minah's mother shook her head frantically. "No, Minah could have never done such a thing! I'm positive she was murdered."

"It's possible too... but you know how much our daughter struggled to battle with depression for three years, Eunha."

She cried, hugging Minah's father tightly. "I refuse to believe she committed suicide."

In Yeop sighed, wiping away his tears. He reached for his phone and tapped on Ye Eun's contact before calling her. It never rang.

"She's not responding."

"Ye Eun? We heard about the pregnancy, is she okay?" Minah's father asked.

In Yeop stared at Ye Eun's contact picture, before slowly nodding. "She's fine."

"She doesn't have to come. I'm sure Ye Eun is already stressed from the pregnancy and her parents disappearance." Minah's mother said.

"I'll let her know, I promise."

Ye Eun was now on her third month of pregnancy. Since Minah left, she hasn't seen her nor In Yeop. She didn't mind, but at the same time it bothered her. Dohyun kept visiting at times to check up on her or would call, so she didn't feel entirely alone, at least for now.

Junseo strangely became distanced, almost avoiding Ye Eun, which confused her. He would still cook for her or go to his part-time job a couple of days, but Junseo no longer kissed her or asked for cuddles.

He would force a smile whenever Ye Eun asked if he was okay, but she knew better than to believe his lies. Junseo seemed to no longer be the same person he was before.

Ye Eun silently watched as Ms. Gwan applied gel on her abdomen before rubbing it around with a transducer. Seconds later, a image appeared on the sonogram, startling her.

Her heart fell to her stomach as she stared at the sonogram.

"That's... that's the baby?" She asked.

Ms. Gwan nodded, smiling. "Seems to be a girl!"

Ye Eun glanced up at Junseo, who smiled down at her.