➳ glazed donut

A week has passed since Junseo stayed in her house overnight

A week has passed since Junseo stayed in her house overnight. Ye Eun was back in school and always made sure to stay in contact with Junseo. They often met afterschool to eat somewhere or Junseo would sleepover at her house. It had become a normal thing for them it was almost like a routine.

Hwang In Yeop was still shocked about the situation. Whenever Ye Eun would meet up with Junseo, he would suspiciously stare down at Junseo, who pretended to not notice, but it was almost impossible to avoid that stare.

It made her upset, and she had confronted him about it.

"There's something about that guy that doesn't sit right with me. I mean, come on, you meet him in the party and the next day you two are dating? What kind of trick did he put on to deceive you?"

Ye Eun wanted to slap some sense into his overprotective friend, but she knew better than to say anything. "Calm down, In Yeop. Junseo isn't like my past exes. He's a kind guy."

"She's right. Let her decide who she wants to date, if they're willing to treat her with respect," Minah added. "But the same thing goes for you, Ye Eun. Don't scare Junseo with your perverseness."

Ye Eun blushed, feeling exposed. She didn't want to remember that night she had gotten too excited about a guy being into her room. It had been a while since she had any action going on in her life anyways.

"I won't ever do anything like that."

Minah nodded. "Good girl."

"You two are so embarrassing sometimes." In Yeop muttered.

Ye Eun ignored him as she put her coat on before they began to head out. Junseo was in their usual meeting place, looking around like a lost puppy until they made eye contact, and he waved happily.

"Ye Eun! Ah, hello." Junseo bowed towards Minah and In Yeop.

"We'll leave you two now. Have fun!" Minah grabbed the grumbling In Yeop's arm and dragged him away while he reluctantly followed.

Ye Eun watched them leave until Junseo grabbed her hand. She faced him again only to find him shyly smiling. "I want to take you to a donut shop that recently opened. It's brand new so everything is fifty percent off discount."

"Okay. Let's go." She smiled back and they took off running down the block.

"It should still be open- there it is!" Junseo cheered and Ye Eun chuckled at his adorableness.

They walked in and she chose their table as Junseo ordered the donuts. He paid for them and then raced to her, placing the small box down.

"I ordered a couple so that you can take them home with you." Junseo said as he sat across from her.

"Thanks, you didn't have to though." She laughed.

"You can give it to your family as well. Either way please take it."

Ye Eun nodded and opened the box. She glanced at the different variety of colors each donut was decorated in, and picked her favorite one, the glazed donut.

Junseo grabbed another donut afterwards and they began to eat as they talked.

"Tomorrow I have to stay afterschool for a project, so you can just go straight home."

"That's too bad," he pouted. "I was hoping we'd go somewhere else."

"You can stay overnight tonight?"

Junseo shook his head. "I can't. Sometimes I work part-time and today's one of those days. Sorry."

"That's okay. At least you're earning money unlike me." Ye Eun said as she took a huge bite of the donut.

He smiled, pointing at his cheek. "You have some glazed frosting on the bottom of your nose."

Ye Eun blushed in embarrassment and she tried to wipe it off before Junseo reached over and wiped it off with his thumb. Her eyes nearly popped out of her sockets when he licked the frosting off instead of grabbing a napkin to wipe it off.

"Mm. The glaze donut is very delicious." He smiled and reached for another donut in the box as if nothing happened.

Meanwhile, Ye Eun sat there, shocked. She glanced at the table next to them. The two women were staring at Junseo but immediately looked away when noticing Ye Eun staring at them.

"What's wrong?" Junseo asked.

She shook her head and shoved the rest of the donut in her mouth.

Once they stopped in front of Ye Eun's house, Junseo faced her. "Then... I should go."

"Okay. See you tomorrow-" she said and rose up the box. "-And thank you for this."

"No problem. Just... make sure to check inside there for something before giving the box to your family, okay? Bye now." Junseo waved and hurriedly walked away.

Ye Eun confused, peeked inside and noticed a polaroid of a selfie they took not a while ago. She smiled to herself and walked in her house.

"I'm home."

Dohyun popped out of nowhere and glanced down at the box of donuts, before his mouth watered and he snatched it away. "You brought donuts?"

"Hey, give it back." She warned.

Her brother ripped open the box and his eyes fell to the picture along with the remaining donuts left. He laughed and took the picture, waving it lightly in front of her.

What's this?" Dohyun teased, "You seem pretty serious about that guy."

"We are very serious." Ye Eun nonchalantly replied and snatched the picture away from him before hiding it in her back pocket.

"Can I have the rest of these donuts? I'm very hungry."

"Go ahead."

Dohyun smiled in triumph and raced upstairs with them to his room before she changed her mind. Ye Eun took the picture out of her back pocket and smiled like an idiot.

The bathroom opened and she turned around, surprised to see her mother.

"Hey mom."

"Did you behave well in school?" She asked as she walked past her to get to the kitchen. Ye Eun glanced at the suitcases that were laying on the ground, as if waiting to be unpacked, even though it had been a week since they got home.

"Yeah. Where's dad?"

Her mother rubbed her eyes and yawned as she prepared coffee. "He's resting in the bedroom right now."

Ye Eun nodded. "I see..." she trailed off when she realized she had nothing else to say. It was not too often she spoke with both of her parents since they were constantly overseas so this was nothing new to her.

"Where did Dohyun go?"

"He went to his room." She responded. Ye Eun knew that her parents favored their eldest son over her. She had come to accept that a while ago, hence another reason she detested her brother so much.

Her mother didn't say anything else, which Ye Eun assumed the conversation was over. She watched as she walked upstairs to possibly look for Dohyun and talk to him.

Ye Eun couldn't wait until she left. None of her family would care anyways.

"Goodnight mom." Ye Eun whispered to herself.