Snow

Chapter 74

Haley

I fed The kerosene heater in the corner of the barn and then paced  back and forth of the loft area. If Dad was here I definitely wouldn't be spending two nights in the loft. But he was with Uncle Bobby, and he took Mark, Samuel and Jackson with him to do some repairs on his house before winter set in. Uncle Bobby's house was only 2 hours away by car in Glenn. And I had no idea where Gloria was at, probably keeping Amy company so she didn't panic over every little thing.

"Are you going to pace all night or are you going to come to bed?" Noah said completely content stretched out on the bed.

I could sit on my hurt feelings about not being able to go on the run or I could just express them like an adult. "Are you ready for tomorrow?"

"Yeah, doesn't seem like it's going to be too difficult", Noah said so shalomly.

"Have you ever been on the other side of the river?", I said coming to sit on the edge of the bed wishing I grabbed a long sleeve shirt and not the tank top and shorts I currently had on.

Noah paused for a moment to think saying,"Before or after the Revenants became a thing?"

"Noah!"

"I'm kinding. I've...been to Missouri", Okay that made me feel better.

"Okay", I smiled.

"Yeah, I had a layover flight with Giovanni, when we were going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras".

"When was that?"

"Right before the outbreak?", he wondered,"Word was just starting to spread. But people thought it was bath salts".

All I could do was stare blank eyed at him like a doll that had had its batteries removed."You know just because you can't be turned into a revenant doesn't mean that they won't eat you alive if they pin you down".

"You sound just like Robert", Noah said with a soft smile as he closed his eyes.

"I know I'm probably being a control freak. And your completely capable taking care of yourself out there. But just know that Peter is going to be relying on you, just as much as you'll be relying on him. And most importantly everyone in Chester is relying on you to bring back good supplies", I stressed laying down next to him is no I brought his arm around my waist.

"I know, this is very important not only to the town but to you. I promise you I won't let you down", He grinned opening his eyes.

"Thank you", I shivered.

"Cold?"

"No my teeth are just chattering together because it's fun", I laughed.

"Just making sure it's because you want to Noah", laughed back as he wrapped both of his arms around me and pulled me on top of his warm chest.

I didn't know how much I missed just being this close to Noah until I didn't have him. I was perfectly content warm, loved and safe in Noah's arms. Noah started nuzzling at my neck which just turned my bones to jello. He cupped my breast as he played with my nipple. I arched my back into Noah wanting more of his sweet touch.

But he stopped abruptly and pulled my face to his and gently kiss me,"You are freezing".

"I'm fine", I wanted to go back to his lips being on mine.

"You should go in the house. It's much warmer in there. The cold doesn't bother me. But it's making a popsicle out of you".

I sat up straddling Noah's waist feel ing how hard his erection was between my legs. We were so close. "You can keep me warm".