Nightmare

Chapter 33

Noah and I made it downstairs and into his suite. My headache was gone and I didn't feel loopy anymore. But my heart was flattering in my chest and about a thousand other emotions were going through my body. But they were all good. I liked talking to Noah....really talking to him.

I kind of wish we could have just stayed on the floor upstairs.

We stood awkwardly in the middle of the living room. To the left was his room to the right was mine. And I got the feeling neither one of us was quite ready to say good night. "You should be able to give your grandmother a call. You have phone access from your room".

"Cool, cool, cool", My skin tingled and my heart beat erratically in my chest so hard that I thought it might fly out. There were butterflies - no, lions - in my chest, but it felt good. And I was n't used to this feeling.

Boys didn't like me and I was basically one of the boys. I wish I had paid attention to what Laura and Gloria did and they were interested in someone.

The handkerchief! Was that what they were for? Did people in Therap even use handkerchiefs? I know my dad and my brothers did. I think Amy embroidered Marc a handkerchief but she was already pregnant at the time.

God, I suck at this.

"Sleep well, Haley", no I said taking a step towards me and ever so gently kiss my cheek briefly before pulling away. The air grew thick with a tenderness that couldn’t help but make me breathe slower, deeper, happier.

"Good night", I grinned feeling my cheeks burn. I quickly made a beeline into my room not wanted to make myself look like a fool.

Deep breaths.

I took a comforting shower before giving my grandmother a call. I could tell I had woken her up but she was still happy to hear I was safe. I even found some pajamas a silk pink nightgown that match the ribbon I had tied at the end of my braid. This feels like something Emma could have worn but at the same time it made me happy to think that Noah picked it out for me.

I was officially ready for bed. I climbed into my little piece of heaven ready for sleep to take me. I closed my eyes and immediately opened them to the sound of intense banging against my wall.

"O yes! Daddy! Yes! Yes! Give me that good dick!"

What the hell?

"Fuck me harder!"

Was I under a vent or did my hearing hit 10 times better?

"O yes! Yes! YES!"

"Can you keep it down?" I shouted.

"Harder! Harder!" The woman moaned getting louder.

"Knock it off!" I said slamming my palm into the wall,"Some people are trying to sleep!"

"Mind your own business!" Mathis shouted clear as day.

"I hope she breaks your cock!"I said punching the wall.

I guess I'll just sleep on the fucking couch! I grabbed a pillow off of my bed and one of the blankets in the closet. I opened up my door to see Noah about to knock on my door in just a pair of gray sweatpants,"I heard Mathis".

"I'm pretty sure we can all hear him", I said stating the obvious as I shut my door and made my way over to the couch. "I hope he breaks his bed in the worst life possible".

"Honestly it wouldn't be beyond him", Noah said as I started setting up my space,"You don't have to sleep there. You can have my room. It's a lot less noisy with a couple of walls in between you and Mathis".