2.9 Letter forgotten

I can feel my mother's pain deep inside me. Why won't any of my pain stop?

I could not sleep all night, the thought of my mother leaving me kept me awake. The thought of meeting the man who broke me every day at work made the fear come to life. No words, no actions, but all the pain came to me no matter what I did.

"Keeps me away from the pain" is something my father said to me when I was younger. He drank too much, was never stable and hurt my mother all the time. I once had the courage to ask him why he does not quit and why he drinks.

He answered me with "Drinking helps me keep my pain away!" When I was younger I thought it was absurd, but I now realized that you need something to keep the pain away, but Dad chose something bad. But what kind of pain did he have?

The phone rang as I got up to fix myself, I picked it up because it was the doctor who called. "Hello? Am I talking to Y/n?» "Yes, this is Y/n" I say and fix my vocal cord. "We were writing the report to your mother and found out something quite important," says the doctor in a professional voice, it sounded like he was going to say something bad.

"Your mother has a problem with her uterus, her egg cells, it has been the case that she could not have children," says the doctor with a heavy breath. My body is paused, the breath does not come out, the heart stops beating, the body is frozen like ice, the eyes became gigantic and as I try to speak the whole body trembles.

The cell phone falls out of my hand as the strength leaves me, my legs no longer work and I sit in bed. "We hope you can stop by and have a look later" is the last thing the doctor says and hangs up. The shock that hit me made me stiff, completely lost.

"Hi, nice to see you here again" says one of my colleagues, named Jin-chen. He is one of the few boys who showed off his talent with make-up. He has a girlfriend named Emma, and she's a lawyer. They are a nice team, before I went home yesterday I talked to her when she called Jin-Chen on the phone.

"They give me a good enough salary for me to come," I say, laughing. Channel comes behind Jin-chen and talks further. All I hear are absurd words and opinions, all I'm looking for is the person I would have done anything for. Jungkook, where did he go?

«Y/n, did you remember to bring the letter? The one you were going to sign and give me today "Channel asks me and it struck me that I forgot it again at home after the conversation with the doctor. "Shit, I forgot it, I can get it right now" I say, running, but I run into someone.

"Just like old times, you never see up when you run or walk, i still find it cute" i hear him say and my eyes widen way to far but i try to keep a poker face. "Where are you going? Didn't you just come to work? ” Jungkook asks me as he grabs my arm.