I am going to go off on his ass later, I swear to god. He better actually be sick or so help me-

"Oh come on, cheer up" Harry says sarcastically, as he begins to open the umbrellas near him.

Don't engage. Don't engage.

"This day is going to be unbearable as it is, so let's keep the conversation minimal" I sigh walking over and opening the last umbrella.

I cannot put up with his sexual comments, teasing, and invasive questions right now. He hasn't stopped trying to get me to sleep with him all summer.

"Aw but where's the fun in that" He tsks, pouting dramatically.

I roll my eyes walking away to unlock the locker rooms. Responding most of the time will just egg him on.

God, help me get through this shift.
——

"Niall Horan" I yell into the phone the second I hear the dial tone end.

"Jesus fu- what?"

"Out of all the goddamn people you asked him to cover you" I shout, I wish he could see my glare through the phone right now.

He had the choice of who to pick and he chose Harry. That's fucked up. There's plenty of other people he could've asked, like I don't know...Maya!

After 7 excruciating hours, I was finally free to leave. I'm currently sitting in my parked car, fuming. I called Niall the second I got in to make sure my anger was still at its peak.

It's hard to stay mad at him, the longer I waited the more my anger would dwindle.

There's silence on the other end until I hear Niall take in a sharp breath,

"Are you laughing?" I say back in disbelief now even more anger.

He's really silently laughing on the other end of this phone right now. So he did do it on purpose.

"Oh come on, it's kinda funny" He speaks through his now audible chuckles.

But that just makes my anger level rise even more. The 7 hours I just went through were not funny. I was miserable.

30 seconds Darlene. Give yourself 30 seconds.

"Niall," I say with a calm voice, trying to control the anger that's only going to grow the longer this conversation continues, "I'm going to hang up the phone now before I say something I regret"

"Wait-shit, Darlene Im sorry-"  Niall says frantically, his voice immediately becoming serious, I think he just realized how pissed I actually am.

He took it a bit too far this time and I'd rather not blow up on him. But, I have a right to feel a bit upset right now.

"Bye Niall" I say with a sigh hanging up the phone, and placing it in my cupholder. I go to put the car in reverse when my phone starts ringing again.

I roll my eyes when I see Nialls name pop up on my screen, I grab my phone and put it on do not disturb. I need to use my drive home as therapeutic time to get my emotions under control.

I'll answer him later, I need to calm down before talking to him. Besides he deserves to sit in this guilt for awhile, he should feel bad.

---

Niall did end up feeling kind of horrible for making me work with Harry. He showed up to my apartment with pizza and my favorite candy last night. I couldn't stay mad at him, plus I could tell he genuinely felt guilty. He just underestimated how much I can't stand the cocky asshole.