Episode 13 - Definition of Power

Start from the beginning

"The final round," Chen announces, bouncing into the room.

"You! You turned Kai against us!" Lloyd shouts accusingly.

"Like I said," Chen replies, "only one can remain."

Lloyd summons a ball of energy, but I'm quicker. With a growl of anger, a wave of energy bursts from my chest, but Chen zooms out of the way.

"Oh, please," he says tauntingly. "What use is one Element when I have the rest? Shadow!"

Chen disappears.

"We know what you're up to," I shout, turning in a circle, back to back with my brother. "The Anacondrai Wars are over. You're living in the past."

"Wrong!" A ball of fire flies past our heads and Chen reappears. "I decide when it's over. And who doesn't like a blast from the past? Ice!" He shoots a ball of ice at Lloyd and me; we jump apart just in time. "Fire!" A fireball flies at the bracket, which Lloyd is hiding behind, and explodes.

"When my followers become Anacondrai, Ninjago will be controlled by those who deserve it, the most powerful. Gravity!"

Chen smashes his staff on the ground and suddenly Lloyd and I are floating in the air.

"What you have isn't power!" Lloyd shouts. "It's stealing!"

We're both dropped back to the ground.

"Real power doesn't need to take from others," I say. I try to kick him, but he disappears into smoke and I fall hard on my back.

"Real power stops people like you!" Lloyd throws a ball of energy at Chen, but Chen turns himself to metal and the energy rebounds to hit Lloyd. He tries to get up, but cant.

"Only one can remain," Chen says, laughing lowly.

"And it wont be you!" I yell. I lift my hands with the intent of draining him of his energy, but suddenly my head feels like it's about to split open, and they fly to my face. The pain is intense, just like when we traveled in time and created a new, unwitnessed memory. I fall to the ground.

"You have lost."

        ~

Lloyd and I are dragged into the same room which we saw Chen take Karlof's powers. Our hands are bound with an ancient metal which cancels our powers, and the cultist bang a sinister beat on their drums. Clouse, Kai, and Skylar stand next to Chen, who holds his golden snake staff with the glowing silver jewel.

"Just look at us," says one of the cultists. "We're escorting the big dogs now."

"Like I said," the other replies, "Kapau and Chope moving up the ranks."

Lloyd and I are forced to our knees and our chains are linked to large stones embedded in the ground. The cultist with the mohawk growls and Kapau and Chope hurry to join the others in chanting.

Kai breaks rank and approaches us. My lips curl in a snarl, ready to curse him to the moon and back, but Lloyd beats me to it.

"Why would you help them?" he asks.

"Don't worry," Kai whispers. He glances back and then adds more loudly, "It won't hurt, that much!" He lets out an evil chuckle and saunters back to Skylar.

"All right, first thing's first," says Chen. "Daughter!"

Bitch ass ho . . . I knew it!

"I offer my power to you, Father," Skylar says, bowing down to Chen.

Chen raises his staff and a ray of light shoots from it, engulfing Skylar. "Only one can remain," he says, grinning cruelly. The beam of light disappears and an orange glow seeps from Skylar's skin, floating up into the staff. She rejoins Kai.