Loved You First (3) - Charles Leclerc

You take a deep breath stepping out of the room where you just might have left a piece of you along with Charles Leclerc, the Ferrari front man who changed your life in the span of a few hours in a small town in Italy...

Once you get back to the hotel you're staying at with your three friends, you get to your shared room as quickly as possible. The fear that someone will see that your eyes are filled with tears and recognize the walk of shame you are suffering through. When you finally get into your room you slouch back against the door eyes closed as a few tears roll down your cheeks. You hear a gasp before footsteps approach you, "babe what's wrong?" you shake your head as you open your eyes to look at the concerned faces surrounding you, "i'm going to kill him", "no, it's not his fault" you tell them sadly bringing a hand up to dry your tears. "Y/N, what happened?" you go silent not wanting to tell them what went down between you and the Ferrari driver, "please forget this, I just want to go back home" the concerned expressions on their faces don't go away but they nod and slowly step away from you. After a few seconds on your own you straighten up, change into something else and finish packing your suitcase, wishing that you could forget how perfect Charles is for you.

••••

A few weeks later you convince yourself that Monza was nothing but a dream. Going back to the version of your life that includes job hunting, wearing the comfiest clothes that you own and sending memes to your closest friends. You still haven't told anyone about Italy and no one pries making the incident nothing of importance since what happened in that hotel room stayed there. During an evening where you stayed in with your friends the sound of a phone ringing breaks you out of the focused state that the board game laid out in front of the four of you has you in. "Brb" you mumble before running out of the living room to your room where your phone is hooked up to your laptop to charge, you unplug it and answer the call not bothering to look at the caller ID as you greet the person on the other end of the call. After a few seconds of listening to the life changing call you thank the caller profusely before hanging up with wide eyes slowly walking back to the living room.

"What was that about?" one of your friends asks, "I got a job" you reply as your smile grows, they squeal and jump up before hugging you tightly, you laugh and enjoy the hug. "It's in the UK" you say while hugging them, the room falls silent and you pull away from them, "that was the position you've always wanted" you nod trying to contain your smile by biting your lip. "Well don't fall for any english men, they're trash i'm sure" you laugh and the four of you sit back on the floor to finish the board game, not knowing if there would be anymore of these nights before you leave the country.

The next day you make the calls to your family to tell them the news, which is met with exclamations of congratulations and you are sure that your mom cried when you told her. Once the calls are done you immediately do the research necessary to secure a work visa for the new job you are set to start in a few months.

••••

A few months later you are lugging your bags into the studio apartment you found to rent while you are working at your new job. A smile comes to your face as you take in the cozy space, from the bed to the small kitchen and the sofa positioned across from a tv. The first thing you do is take out the wifi modem you picked up on the way to the apartment, you take off your coat and sit on the floor next to an outlet setting up your internet. The amount of notifications that appear in your phone makes you laugh, especially since it's all messages from your friends and family asking if you made it and to send pictures of your apartment.  You move your phone up taking a selfie while throwing up a peace sign, posting the picture on your Instagram, to simultaneously let the people who have been texting you know that you got to Milton Keynes and to share the life update with your few followers who aren't your three friends and your family members.