First Day (2) - Daniel Ricciardo

You don't see Daniel again until a few weeks later due to your conflicting schedules. You staying put in Woking to be with the Esports team while the Aussie country hops for a couple of races. Somehow in that time he manages to find your social media accounts, which gives the two of you a medium to contact each other during that time. Whenever you aren't attached to your desk chair you friends keep asking for updates, keeping their fingers crossed that you and Daniel will develop a relationship stronger than friends.

••••

"You need to lower your expectations, we aren't going to get into anything, that would be absolutely absurd" you tell your best friend over FaceTime as you walk through the MTC to get to the Esports lounge."Too late Y/N, we are all rooting for you and Danny Ric" you roll your eyes at her, "why is someone rooting for us?" you jump and your phone slips out of your hand as you look up at the grinning Aussie. "Oh it's nothing my friend is just crazy" you tell him, "hey I heard that" you hear from your phone which is still connected to the video call.

Daniel chuckles before scooping up the device holding it so that you are both in the frame, you see your friend grinning like a maniac on the small screen as he tugs you into his side using the hand that sits at your waist. "You must be Y/N's bestie" he says making her nod enthusiastically, "nice to meet a fan" he adds and you see her cheeks redden which makes you laugh. "You told him!" she screeches making you cringe and shrug slightly, "it just kinda came out" you reply sheepishly, "don't you dare tell my brother about this, he will tease me for the rest of my life" you bite your lip to hold in a giggle but nod in agreement, she rolls her eyes and hangs up.

You let out the laugh you were holding in making Daniel laugh as well as he lowers your phone before winding his arm around you completely. The gesture makes your laughter come to a stop while you look up at the Aussie, "when did you get back?" you ask, your voice coming out in a mere whisper, "couple hours ago" he replies, you nod and quickly grab your phone before slipping out of his grasp. As you walk away from Daniel you take one peek over your shoulder at his shocked expression, smiling before turning back around to make your way to the gaming lounge.

••••

A couple of weeks later you're laying in bed when kisses decorate your bare shoulder making you hum and smile. "I'll be back soon" you open an eye to see Daniel leaning over you, he brushes some hair out of your face, "okay" he smiles and kisses your head before leaving the room. Your phone suddenly starts ringing making you push your face into a pillow as you groan. After a few seconds you huff and sit up, bringing the sheets with you while grabbing the device off the nightstand. You don't even look at the screen before answering, regretting it seconds later when your best friend greets you loudly. "Woah too loud" you murmur, she laughs and you rake your fingers through your hair while staring out of the window in Daniel's bedroom, "sorry, but I haven't heard from you for a day, where were you?" she asks making your eyes widen because you haven't told her about the step you took with the Aussie. "I was super busy with work so I turned off my phone" she stays silent in response making you bite your lip nervously, "alright, you should let them know that they're working you too hard, I miss you" you rub your temple unsure of how long you'll be able to keep your relationship a secret, especially from someone who has known you for basically your whole life. "Miss you too" you say while playing with a thread coming from the sheets covering your body.

Suddenly the bedroom door swings open making you look up in surprise, "I'm back Y/N, now where were we" Daniel exclaims while wiggling his eyebrows, your eyes widen, "oh my god...is that..." you hang up the call in a split second. The Aussie stops when he sees your expression, "shit who was that?" you groan and flop backwards on the bed, "the friend who happens to be Lando's sister" he smiles at you sheepishly, "sorry" you shrug and he slides in next to you on the bed, a hand curling around your waist before he presses a gentle kiss to your lips.

Your phone starts ringing again making you pull away. Daniel pouts but you ignore the expression while answering the phone. "WHEN WERE YOU GOING TO TELL ME?" is all that you hear, you cringe at the volume while holding the device further away from your ear, "probably soon, I wanted to make sure it was for real" a scoff comes through the speaker, "I think when you're sleeping in the same bed amongst other things it's pretty for real Y/N" you hang your head with guilt running through you, "it all happened so fast, one minute we were just getting along and the next we couldn't stay away from each other whenever he was back in Woking" she sighs on her end, Daniel scoots closer, "it's true Y/F/N, this was not planned at all" he adds so that she can hear.

After a few seconds of silence she speaks, "okay I believe you, I'm just sad because I'm basically your sister and you never told me what was happening" you bite your lip feeling even worse, "we haven't told anyone to be honest, it's kinda been a secret between us until now". Daniel brushes his fingers along your skin, his eyes glued to the movement not paying attention to your conversation anymore, "he makes me so happy Y/F/N, I don't think I've taken a relationship as seriously as I do this one" you murmur making the Aussie look up with a grin. "If you keep anything else from me in terms of your love life I'm disowning you" her statement makes you laugh, "I'm not your daughter you goof" she laughs too making you feel better about the situation, "I know, I love you though, now I've gotta go but keep me in the loop for when I need to start planning the wedding" you snort but say goodbye before hanging up the call.

"All good Y/N?" you smile at Daniel and quickly drop the phone on the nightstand again. "Yes all good" you reply before pulling him down for another kiss, never getting enough of his embrace in the time you get to be with him before he sets off to another country. "So you're serious about us huh?" you pull away with a giggle bringing a hand up to his scruffy cheek, "mmmm kinda" you tease making him lift an eyebrow. You smile at the man that has swept you off your feet in a matter of weeks, not being able to imagine anyone else in his place, "I'm kidding Dan, I'm in this for the long haul I hope that's okay" he pulls you closer and kisses your nose, "that is perfectly okay with me" you smile, "good" he nods and pulls you under the sheets again, showing you how serious he is about your relationship.