Shy Pt. 1 - Pierre Gasly

You try to stay as out of the way as possible in the hustle and bustle of the Red Bull garage where mechanics, engineers and everyone in between are running around. You focus your glare on your older brother who works for the Formula 1 team, he insisted that you come, the reasoning being that you're too shy and you need to break out of your shell. Your arms are wrapped tightly around your body as you make yourself as small as possible to avoid attracting any attention. "Y/N!" You look up at the voice to see your brother waving you over, you see the three people he's with and you hesitate to walk over. He rolls his eyes and walks over, "come on sis, this is exactly what I'm talking about, you need to meet people and get out there more" he explains while taking my arm gently to drag me over to the group of people in RedBull team apparel.

"Guys this is my little sister Y/N, behave or she might just run away" you hit him and blush furiously. The three men and one woman laugh, "it's nice to finally meet you, we've heard so much about you in this garage" one of the guys says while holding out a hand. You bite your lip but gently shake his hand, "nice to meet you too" you murmur quietly and drop your hand seconds later. "Aw can we keep her Y/B/N?" another one of the guys asks making you look down at your feet shyly, "she's so quiet, we need that in here" he adds making you laugh to yourself. "She's not a pet boys, she's a person and why don't we let her decide if she wants to stick around you idiots" the woman exclaims making you look up, sending her a thankful look as you look towards your brother next. "Y/B/N can we go over some stuff" you hear before Max Verstappen appears, a water bottle in hand while looking at your brother, you smile, always having had a soft spot for the dutch driver. He must feel your gaze because he looks your way, you blush almost immediately and look down as you fidget nervously with your fingers. "Ah Max, this is my little sister Y/N" you hear your brother say but you don't look up, "she's a big fan of yours" he adds which makes your head snap up eyes wide, "it's nice to meet you, you'll have to tell me some embarrassing stories about your brother later" you smile at Max and nod. Your brother huffs and walks away Max following him, leaving you with the woman your brother introduced you to. "Come on let's give them some space, i'll show you around" you smile, "sounds good" she smiles as well before leading you around the garage.

When the two of you walk out to the pit lane you take a much needed deep breath, "it sure does get stuffy in there" she tells you, "yeah, but its what we live for here" you explain making her chuckle, "you got that right Y/N" you look over and smile. "Your brother doesn't give you a lot of credit, you're quiet but you soak up so much by watching" she says after a few seconds of silence, you blush, "I mean I should try to be more outgoing like he keeps telling me, but i'm 25, I don't think there's much I can do about it now" you tell her with a shrug, "stick with me and you'll be fine" you smile at the woman, "thank you for all of this, if it wasn't for you i'd still just be standing in the garage by myself not making a sound" she shrug and links your arms together, "us girls have to stick together in this world, too many men dominate it" you nod and look down at the other garages lining the pit lane. "Can we take a walk?" you ask your eyes still jumping from team to team, "of course, lets go check out the competition" she replies and tugs you in the direction you were looking.

You feel out of place as the two of you walk along the lane, everyone around you is wearing apparel that ties them to a team or to Formula 1 while you're just wearing a plain white tee and your favourite skinny jeans with some baby blue Nike Air Force one's on your feet. "I should've grabbed something RedBull to wear, I feel like an imposter" you mumble making your new acquaintance laugh, "you're fine, no one will notice, they're too busy preparing for quali's" she explains making you feel slightly better. "How long have you been with Red Bull?" you suddenly ask her, "it's been almost 6 years since I started" she replies making you nod, "that's really cool" she smiles, "what's your job?" you look down at your feet, "I'm a graphic designer for a video game company" she looks at me in surprise. "I know no one ever expects it" you say, having gotten used to the look she's giving you, "it's a good surprised though Y/N, that's way cooler than my job" you smile shyly, "we both have cool jobs, no comparison needed" she smiles and you see her eyes look at something behind you. "What?" you ask and peer over, "looks like you've caught the attention of a certain French driver" she replies and nudges your shoulder gently, you blush when you see Pierre Gasly's blue eyes locked on you from where he's standing in the Alpha Tauri garage. You look away quickly, moving your gaze to anything else, "he's probably looking at something near me" you murmur, she snorts and pulls you past the white and navy team's garage, "yeah okay" she exclaims and rolls her eyes. "Let's just go back to Red Bull" you say and she nods before walking towards Red Bull hospitality where you'll be able to watch Qualifying without being in the way.