It was all my friends that I grew up with and went to Parson High School with before I transferred. Lana, Amelia, Peyton, Liam, and Nolan- we had been inseparable from each other growing up as it was always the five of us..well six, when Cayde used to be part of the group but after we split he left all of them behind and went off with his football friends. 

"Oh, I've missed you so much." Lana pulled me into another tight hug as I returned her hug back. Lana was my absolute best friend out of everyone ever since she put gum in my hair in kindergarten and I cried to the teacher. Her mom later forced her to apologize to me and ever since then we just clicked. 

"I've missed you too," I said softly back as I pulled away looking into her light blue eyes. I hadn't been in touch with any of my friends since I had left Seattle, which had been all my fault. Once I left Seattle I was so unhappy and couldn't bear to even think of them just continuing to live without me while I had to live without them. Somewhere in my head, I thought it was just better to stop talking but I knew that wasn't right.

"Happy Birthday Aspen." She smiled back at me and I looked back at Pierce in shock. "How'd you-" I started in complete shock that Pierce would now do this for me. I hadn't mentioned any of my friends so I knew he didn't know any of them by name.

"Went through your social media, saw your old post." He shrugged nonchalantly "That and Aster was able to help me about a bit." 

"And this must be..?" Amelia raised an eyebrow at me as she looked over to Pierce. "Right.." I trailed off "This is my boyfriend, Pierce Gunner. Pierce this is Lana, Amelia, Peyton, Nolan, and Liam."

"Pierce.." Nolan looked Pierce up and down, clenching his jaw as he scanned over him "And what are your intentions?"

"Nolan," I warned, knowing Nolan would not stand a chance against Pierce in a fight. No one truly did stand a chance against Pierce especially when it meant he was protecting me. "I'm just messing with him, Aspen." Nolan's stern tone disappeared as he held a hand out to Pierce "I'm cool with any guy that makes her happy."

After everything that happened with Cayde and me, Nolan and Liam took my side over Caydes which had said a lot considering they were best friends. They saw the reality of who Cayde was and saw what went on behind closed doors. They became like brothers to me after, stepping into the place that Aster left behind. Lana, Amelia, and Peyton didn't hesitate to comfort me every time something happened with Cayde, not dismissing the truth that everyone else did.

Pierce took Nolan's hand before we all took seats around the table. Pierce placed his hand on my thigh beneath the table and I looked over giving him a small smile. Pierce wasn't the best around new people, I mean no one in Crestmont had been because they were so used to all just being together 24/7. Being in Crestmont was like a full-time job that came with built-in friends, so you didn't even have time to talk to others. 

"So how'd you guys meet?" Peyton chimed curiously. "I- uh.." I stuttered, looking over to Pierce before looking back at her "Just from school." It wasn't a lie that we had met from school, that is technically the first time we had ever talked but I didn't exactly feel like I should elaborate that I was kidnapped by a gang that I had now joined. 

"Wow, cute," Liam said sarcastically, making me roll my eyes in response. "So Pierce, what's your baggage? I mean no guy as hot as you come on this earth without something wrong." Amelia joked as she twirled her straw in her glass. 

"Amelia." I shot her a glare, not wanting her to make Pierce uncomfortable. Pierce scoffed a muttered laugh as his lips tugged up into a smirk, glancing over to me as he knew exactly what the answer to his question was. I sent Pierce a look of pleading to not bring up the gang, knowing this exactly where it had been going to.