14 : Who's That Pokémon?

Start from the beginning

"What that things do?" Wayo asked curiously. He shouldn't trust anyone easily especially a kid even if its Mark. He could put the company in jeopardy. Forth will definitely kill him if he knows.

"I need to access the company IT system, something needs tinkering inside so we can find Meowth. Team Rockets need to be destroyed." Mark explained.

"Should I tell the boss? He'll get mad if he knew." Wayo replied still sceptical.

"He tells you to investigate rrrrigghtt.... That exactly what we are doing right now Pikachu. Catch Meowth first then we tell him. Lets fish the snitch out using this." Mark trying to convince Wayo.

"Are you sure this will works?" - Wayo.

"Are you doubting my ability now. If you don't trust me, trust Lily. This is her's, I'm just refining it accordingly with the company system. It will strengthen the firewall and alerts us if someone is accessing or sending out any P&C information inside the company to outsiders using what ever means." Mark seriously explained further so Wayo will reassure.

"Is that what you're doing lately? Refining? No wonder you even say no to ice cream. You never say no to ice cream." Wayo jokingly said. He loves it when Mark suddenly becomes serious if someone question his ability. It put ease in his heart that this kid is not playing games.

"Hehe.. I'm just bored. Lily is unavailable. This brain need exercise." - Mark

"Lets do it then. Tell me if its alert you on something alright. No secret and I want access to that." Wayo said pointing at Mark's laptop.

"No secret! I swear." Mark give him a thumb up.

~~~~~~

Present time

"Markkk!!!! No no no... Its gonna be okay.. Hello, emergency at FJJ 19 Building. Someone was shot." Wayo put Mark lying on the floor his other hand pressing his wound with his jacket while his other hand calling for the hospital.

"Markk!! Mark!! Oh my God! Do something!! He's bleeding!!" Wayo heard Beam screaming at him.

Squirtle please be okay!

Please be okay!

Please don't die!!

~~~~~~

"Its my fault! Its my fault! Please be okay Squirtle..." Wayo chanted while waiting outside the OR. He blames himself for being careless. None of this will happen if its not because of his gun.

"Stop it!! It happened. No one expected this." Ming scolded him. The shooting was uncalled for. What did Josh did he rather kills then surrender to them?

Everyone was hanging their head low waiting for Mark to finish his surgery. Its been 3 hours.

The doctor were out only to ask for blood donor. Mook and his father along with Yo have the same blood types as Mark but Mook is under medication so only his father and Yo is available to donate.

"Take as much as you needed. Save the kid." Wayo told the nurse.

~~~~~

The surgery went well but Mark were put under observation in the ICU because he losses quite a lot amount of blood and he is severely injured on his right chest.

The laptop he is holding on his chest save him by slowing the bullet speed but the bullet still penetrate his chest and some of the laptop debris get inside his chest. The long surgery was to extract the bullet and all of that out because it might went into his lung.

Second surgery might be needed if they didn't succeeded extracting all but they need him to wake up first and its been 8 hours since he is out from the  OR.

Beam, Mook and Wayo were affected the most with Mark injury. They refused to leave Mark's ICU ward.

"Boss already woke up. Do you want to see him?" Ming said to Beam. Forth also got shoot on his arm by Josh but his condition is not as bad. He actually wakes up few hours ago but he needs to meet Lam and Ming first to sort things out.

Beam nodded but still a sobbing mess. He nearly lost both of them in the shooting and its the worst feeling ever. He feels like his whole world collapsed and his breathing stopped for a moment seeing Forth bloody arm and then Mark bleeding in Wayo's embraces.

Beam try hard not to broke down in front of Forth when he reach him but he failed as soon as he saw Forth pale face. Forth immediately hugs Beam using his unwounded hand, to calm him down saying everything gonna be alright until Beam eventually falls asleep in Forth's ward bed.

Forth was enraged. This is ridiculous in his opinion. The shooting wasn't needed. Who is he protecting he rather died?

~~~~~

"You need to rest Moe. Its not good for your health. Ming and Wayo will watch him. Bring Beam home too." Her father said caressing Mook hair softly.

"How can I dad? My baby is fighting for his life there and I can even help with anything." - Mook

"He have everyone here. Lets get you home." - Mr Narinrak

"You don't understand dad. I need to be here. I already abandoned him 7 years ago. I'm not abandoning him again." - Mook

"What do you mean abandoning him? He's Beam son. Why do you care so much? Your health is important too." Her father raised his voice a bit at his daughter stubbornness.

"Because he is mine dad. He's mine flesh and blood. He is my son. Biologically mine. Your grandson." Mook eyes still locked at Mark's body on the ICU bed. She didn't even care to check his father super suprised reaction at the information she just told him.

~~~~~

36 hours later

"Mummy!! Daddy!! Pikachu!!" A voice called for Mook and Beam who is still waiting for Mark to wake up from his coma.

"Lily?"

"Princess!"

"Charmander!"

She run towards Beam and jumps to hug him tightly.

"Its you.. I finally found you." A man who comes along with Lily said to Mook.