𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋. 𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐋 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐒. 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐑 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃, 𝐈𝐒 𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐋. 𝐍𝐎 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐄𝐃, 𝐂𝐎𝐏𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐌𝐘 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍.

There is playfulness in nature, in the skies, in the woods, in the earth. The time of abundance is coming, and the joy of that energizes the air. There is a new warmth in the rain or sun, inviting the lips to smile. The greenness of the grass will soon be reflected in the trees, while the flowers promise our Earth their rainbow garland.

The sun hits upon the mansion, engulfing it in its warm embrace. The glimmer reflects upon the roses in the vast garden and the water fountain, causing the ripples to sparkle. The house was built with an eye of precision; each dent and curve had its purpose. The fire place is empty, winter having passed and the spring brings about a peace to the servants of the house.

The mansion isn't quiet however, if you listen carefully, the static of voices ringed off the walls. Servants are bustling as they quickly open the curtains, dust the fine furniture and clean the floors. However, there is fun in  any servants day - heartfelt gossip.

The young lady within their halls has revolted. She has refused ten hands thus far and has stood by her word.

Suitors from miles away have arrived to ask for her hand, giving her gifts and promises of prosperity. Some say that she is selfish, so many suitors and yet she has the privilege of making a choice.

How wrong they all were.

The golden blonde usually awoke before her servants even had the opportunity to wake her; she always believed in being punctual.

Although her difficulties in finding a husband, persons still believed that the air she breathed was perfection; a gift from the Gods they would say. However, she was no where near perfect like they thought.

Annabelle stared at herself in the mirror, blue eyes staring back at her. She had taken her bath and was adorned in a simple salmon pink dress which blended with her golden strands.

She had a slender body with a small waist which made corset fitting not too unbareable. Her skin was a golden color, just like her hair, which cascading down to her waist. Her posture was firm, never sloughing, never quivering but yet her mind was always uneasy.

She felt empty, so lost within her sense of self.

Most mornings before breakfast, she found herself staring at herself in the mirror absentmindedly. 

It felt like something in her was lost. She was twenty-two now, close to the end of her ripeness as they would say. The younger they were, the more precious and pure they were for the picking; she was repulsed at those sayings.

She never forgave those who married off their children at the youngest age of twelve, to the clutches of disgusting men.

She felt like children should be children.

She wondered how long it would be before she was married off as well; her parents will inevitably go bored of her long and tedious courtship.

It was odd for her that they did not complain every time she rejected a suitor; maybe it was because they wanted her to be happy? Not her parents. They had a very small and meek vision of the world they lived in; wealth ruled everything and the forbiddens were not allowed.