Episode 10 - Dirty Alliance

Start from the beginning

"You think I want that dammed staff?" I ask, voice low and gravelly. "I know better than to trust something with that much power because all it will bring is darkness and hatred. So I will say this once and only once: I don't want it."

Two pairs of hands grab onto my shoulders, but I easily shove them away.

"Don't fuck with me!"

"Tasha May Garmadon!"

The world returns to its normal color and the wild tendrils of energy disappear. I turn to face my father, who is now on his feet; Kai and Lloyd are on the ground a few feet behind me, rubbing their backs and arms as they get back to their feet. I glare one last time at Griffin and head back to my seat.

"So much for the alliance," Dad says, glaring at me.

"They believe him over us?" Lloyd asks angrily.

"If we're gonna convince anyone" -- Jay pauses to shove away a Kabuki who was fanning him in the face-- "we need proof. We need to find that spell. Would you cut it out!"

"Jay, it's me," the Kabuki says.

"Nya!" we all whisper shout.

"Lower your voices," she hisses. "I'm undercover. And to be completely honest, a bit out of my element. And I heard about what happened to Cole. That was big of you both."

"Love is like war, Nya. Everybody gets hurt," Jay says nobly.

"Is it just you, sis?" Kai asks.

"Dareth's also on the island."

"What up Ninja," says Dareth through the communicator on Nya's wrist.

"And in contact with Wu via a mobile base."

"If you're undercover," says Kai, "that means you can get close to Clouse's spell book. All we know is that it's on page 149. I think he might have it in his quarters."

"I'll look into it," Nya says. "And sounds like you have your work cut out for you too."

"How so?"

"How do you think they found out about your little alliance?" Nya asks. "Someone in your circle of trust is a spy."

Of-fucking-course.

"A spy?" the boys echo stupidly.

Nya bows, waves her hand and backs away. Skylar, however, is quick to replace her.

"Do you know that servant girl?"

"Uh--know that girl?" Kai replies quickly. "Of course not. Why? Jealous?"

I grit my teeth and do my best not to punch either of them.

"My fortune tells me Cole and your friend Zane will be breaking out," Skylar replies, handing over a red slip of paper. "You're lucky this didn't end up in the wrong hands.

"He found Zane, I cant believe it," Kai says breathlessly. "Thanks, Skylar. It's good to know there are some people here we can trust."

She smiles at him before walking away and I cant help but roll my eyes. There's something fishy about that bitch.

"A spy," Jay says, changing the subject. "Who do you think it is."

"I have my suspicions," Lloyd says, glaring over at the Master of Shadow.

I have my suspicions, too, but it is not the Master of Shadow.

~

"Like I said, I ain't joining your little alliance," said Shade lowly. "I'm gunning for that staff."