Einar was terrified to look at Callan for he knew the reaction of the handsome man. The look of Callan said it all. 

He was a disaster. 

His lips moved and his eyes welled up a stream of water. A strong sentiment of his resentment.

"No!" Callan shook his head vigorously "No! No!" He whispered in trepidation "I cant let this happen."

The handsome man clutched the hands of his mother and father tightly and brought them to his chest. With angry eyes he looked at everyone around as if he was warning them to be away from his parents. Like a precious toy of a kid was being snatched away from him. Indeed his behavior was childish but he didn't care. He couldn't think about his conduct right now.

"Stop it Callan." 

A concerned Mary grabbed Callan's attention as she cupped her child's face "Your father and I knew that we would have to face the justice of the goddess one day." She bravely smiled through her teary eyes "We don't regret being your parents. I hope you don't regret being our son."

Callan looked at his mother with a burnt heart and sorrowful gaze. His insides were shaking. The emotional turbulence he felt right now was beyond comprehension. He gulped his agony and looked at his mother "What kind of a justice is this? I am not leaving you alone." He almost pleaded "I'll join you. Please..!"

"This is your place now." Mary shook her head lightly while Justus overtook his mate "Serve the alpha and be a good boy." 

Justus held Callan's hand and kissed the back of his palm, tapping it profusely in a gesture of promise and assurance "Everything will be fine." 

Justus' red eyes were swollen with the amount of self restrain he was showing. It wasn't easy for him. He had served the alpha house for centuries and now he had to leave everything behind. The alpha house was like a family to him. Deep down he knew what he did was right for his family. Yet there were consequences to his sacrifices and he was willing to pay for it. He closed his eyes and took long breaths before focusing on the mother-son conversation again.

"I don't care about the pack anymore." Callan sniveled "All I want is you mother. Why should I live without you and father? This isn't fair to me.."

"I know my child." Mary kissed Callan's cheeks "But you are strong and have a good heart. You will survive this."

His mothers words splintered inside Callan causing him pain. The murmurs and voices around him were inaudible. His vision refused to hold anyone else other than his parents. When he couldn't hold back anymore he hugged his mother tightly and cried his heart out. His mother responded by embracing Callan strongly in her arms.

The emotional moment between a mother and her son made everyone speechless.

Mary lovingly ran her hands on the back of Callan, trying to soothe him of his pain while the handsome man sniveled at every interval. Justus on the other hand raised his chin and planted a deep kiss to his son's forehead. His constricted eyelids flew the tears of his sorrow.

 It was the message of farewell. 

Both of his parents backed away a little and looked at their son for one last time. Callan wished for the moment to freeze. His breaths came in short gasps while his uttered words were broken because of his crying. He subconsciously stretched his arm forward to gesture his mother to hold his hand and not let go. 

 Mary could no longer look at the vulnerable state of her loving child and she hid herself behind her mate. Her muffled voice of pain was not cloaked from anyone. With teary eyes she looked above and asked the goddess for her son's safety and happiness. Justus held Mary's hand to give her the strength she needed. He swiped his gaze all around, smiling at all of his former companions before briefly nodding at his son.