Chapter Sixty-Six

Start from the beginning

Her cheeks would heat up every time she remembered how they felt cradling her cheeks that one blissful night. She even let herself catch a couple of the girls in her class who have never gambled a glance at Isaac, basically screwing him with their eyes. It was revolting. But she pushed away from the thought and kept her mouth shut about her feelings as she tried to keep the topic on the Kanima.

She missed Allison and Lydia.

"Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murder." Stiles retorted, gesturing to himself.

Scott heaved a heavy sigh, "Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you." he paused for a moment, giving Aspen and Stiles a chance to exchange a glance noting their werewolf friends burying himself in a frenzy. "And it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're dead."

Scott continued stalking ahead, but Stiles came to a halt with a blank expression, and his eyes bored into the back of Scott's head. Aspen bit her lip as she stood next to Stiles with a winced expression. The pale boy became paler and more annoyed with the voice of "confidence" of the group already planning his funeral. "You know, sometimes I really begin to question this "friendship." Stiles snapped with air quotes and only moved once Aspen grabbed his arm to follow.

But her eyes didn't miss Isaac and Erica lounging by the lockers clad in leather. Her hip was jutted out with arms crossed and golden locks spilling down her shoulders. Isaac towered over her with a hand on his book bag--a little too close for Aspen's liking.

"So Derek wants this done during chemistry?" Erica asked. Even her voice was different. They shared the moment the other night, and she apologized, but now that was behind them, and Aspen knew their next greeting wouldn't be pleasant. Aspen took her time trailing behind the boys and kept her ears keen.

"Yeah," Isaac breathed, "and if it's Lydia, I'm gonna kill the bitch. All right?"

Aspen came to a deadly pause, not caring about the complaints of other students. Her jew set and her hand tightened on the strap of her bag. Her control was wavering in only seconds, and she felt her chest tightening.

"We have to test her first." Erica reminded him.

"Kanima," Isaac sighed, briefly looking over his shoulder.

The conversation seemed to stop there, and the chime from Erica's bracelet sang a villainous melody as she strolled by. The blonde winked in her direction as she strutted away, and Aspen hoped she timed it right. Isaac was just about to walk by her, and she forcefully grabbed his arm and yanked him toward the nearest empty classroom. He was a werewolf now and most likely stronger. But Aspen came from a line of powerful god-like druids, and she was pissed.

Isaac wasn't daft and knew she had heard the whole conversation and let himself be thrown into the dimly lit classroom lined with windows. A hedge outside covered a portion of the window, but light still streamed in. Enough light to see Aspen slam the door and the angry lines creasing her head.

Oh, how she desperately wanted to smack the smirk playing on his lips at the moment. His eyes looked her over, almost admiring, but Aspen was too blinded by anger to care. Her knees would have melted to a puddle with that look, now all she saw was red.

"Derek was right. You gotta learn control." Isaac mused.

Aspen scoffed and advanced, leaving Isaac to stammer back, "You gotta lot of fucking nerve Isaac." she sneered, her eyes flashing white.