I go to get her some food, I made her favourite pesto pasta that I used to make when she'd stay with me.

She smiles gently as I place the plate in front of her.

"My favourite." She points out and I grin.

"You know I make the best." I wink, making my own plate. I take a seat next to her and I can't help but smile brightly when she grabs my hand.

She makes me feel like I'm her comfort, her safe heaven.

I watch closely as she eats her meal, I'm not surprised that she finishes quickly.

"C-Can I have some more?" She questions and I nod my head straight away and get an even bigger plate.

I stroke her hair as she eats, admiring her beauty. She may be tired, she might not be herself but to me, no matter what, she is always beautiful.

I can't help but blame myself for the situation that she is in now. If I hadn't done what I did to her two years ago she wouldn't of left and we probably would of still been together.

"You've got more grey hairs." She giggles and I chuckle at her words. She was always pointing out my grey hairs.

"You like?" I slick my hair back with a smirk and she grins.

"It looks good." She whispers, playing with her hands on her lap.

"Might dye it." I shrug and she shakes her head. "You don't want me to?" She shakes her head again.

Butterflies fill my stomach when she runs her fingers through my hair. I can't help but shiver in pleasure at her soft touch.

She quickly pulls away. "Sorry, I shouldn't be touching you like this. I'm getting married." The butterflies die and so does my mood.

"You can't seriously marry that guy, he's a piece of shit, Leona." I growl and she tenses. "I'm sorry okay, it's just if you stay with this guy, baby, I'm worried he'll end up killing you."

"W-We love each other." She stutters, avoiding eye contact with me.

"That's not love. He's manipulated you into thinking it's love." I whisper in disappointment. "He doesn't deserve you, he needs to rot in prison!" I exclaim and she whimpers, moving away from me. 

"Don't yell." She whispers and I sigh, stepping forward, placing a kiss on top of her forehead.

"I'm sorry. Let's get you to bed." I hold my hand out for her and she doesn't hesitate to put her soft hand in mine and I lead her back to my bedroom.

"Can I have one of your t-shirts to sleep in?" She bites her lip nervously and my heart warms.

I quickly get her one of my plain t-shirts and hand it to her. She walks into the bathroom to change and shortly walks back out and I gulp at the sight of her in my clothes.

"I'll be in one of the spare bedrooms if you need me." I cough, trying to compose myself as I stare at the Goddess in front of me. Her warm brown legs clear on display for me.

"Stay?" My eyes widen.

"Are you sure, princess?" She nods her head and slides under the covers, holding the other side open for me. I gulp and climb into the bed but make sure to keep enough distance between us.

But she has different plans and cuddles up next to me, resting her head on my chest.

This is how it should be.

"Cane, never lets us cuddle." She whispers before drifting off to sleep and I just stare at the ceiling in anger.

The following morning my anger returns when I wake up to an empty bed and an empty home.

She's left me again.

•••

A buzzing sounds through the prison before the metal doors slide open to reveal Christian shackled up.

He smirks and walks over, taking a seat in front of me.

"No-ones stabbed you with the end of a toothbrush yet?" I smirk, resting back against the chair and I watch as his face falls a little but he covers it up quickly with a smirk.

"What do you want Dario?" He leans forward and I shrug.

"Twenty-five years, you're going to rot in a cell for what you did to me and my family." I point out as he continues to stare at me with empty eyes.

"You may have caught me with all of these charges. Money laundering, fraud, even me murdering my own mother but you, Dario, you still don't have the one thing you thought you'd get at the end of this." He leans forward, resting his cuffed hands onto the metal table. "How is Leona and Cane?"

"How the fuck?!"

"You got rid of one problem, Dario and found another. Bet he treats her right." My blood begins to boil. "Heard they're getting married, a lovely surprise and as soon as they do my nephew will divorce her as well as taking half her money."

"You fucker!"

"You couldn't do it, so I had to take matters into my own hands. Shame I couldn't get an invite." He stands up, nodding his head for the officer to open the doors.

"You really are a piece of shit." I growl.

"You lost, Dario." He winks.

Not yet.

A/N
Well.......kinda cute lol💗