Chapter 101

"Geez" I breathed returning to reality. Slowly I lowered my fingers from Harry's head, placing them in my lap. I then looked up to Harry "Can't believe that happened"

"I know right" Harry muttered. Instantly I knew something about this was bothering him

"What's wrong?"

"Well for the past five years I've been looking up to my dad. I always felt pride when people compared me to him. It always felt as if there was still a part of my parents with me" He ranted "But after seeing that it makes me feel horrible that I considered him as an inspiration when he was just a bully. Continuously I have to keep reminding myself that my mother and yours were there. That proved that they were decent"

"I get it" I murmured letting him continue

"Now it makes me question if their marriage was real or if he practically forced her into it" He added "She loathed him yet found a way to marry him, How does that make sense?"

"Well" I started "Sirius had explained the brief love story of your parents - but practically mentioned none of that"

"So what did he say?"

"Well he told me that the first five proper years James was slightly arrogant in Lily's eyes. However after that moment he started to change. He took things more seriously, he wanted to change. Become a better person because he loved Lily. He wanted to prove that he could be the man she wanted"

"That doesn't explain-"

"I'm not finished" I interrupted "So when both your parents became head boy and girl, she started to properly notice it. She saw how he now focused on his school work, even if that meant lowering his pranking fun slightly" I smiled "Sirius told me how that was they she really started to admit to herself that she liked him. So in seventh year, when James finally asked her out, after like a year of not asking, she finally said yes"

"So she fell for him..."

"Once he learned to become a better man" I smiled "He learned from where he went wrong before and then used it to adapt his behaviour but still kept who he was"

"Thanks" Harry weakly smiled. I opened my arms allowing him to lean into me, his head pressed against my chest

"Anytime" I reply, running a hand through his hair whilst placing a small kiss on top

"So as you explained" He started "My mum and James made up, but what about your mother and Sirius?"

"They did, their twin bond couldn't keep them apart too long" I laughed slightly "Sirius made amends because she was the only blood family that still loved him and didn't hate him"

"What was your mother like?" Harry asked "You never seem to talk about her, was she like you?"

"In someways I guess, well from what I knew from my years with her" I truthfully answered. Harry was in fact the only person I had ever talked about my mother with - except for Sirius and Remus of course "She was a ravenclaw as you know, as everyone also now definitely comments, I look exactly like her"

"That's why I thought you were in the memory at first" Harry laughed, still leaning against my chest "I forgot but properly realised when she started shouting at Sirius"

We fell into a comfortable silence before Harry sat up and turned to me. His expression seemed slightly nervous

"I understand if you won't" He looked at me "But you've only mentioned hearing you mothers screams...never how she was killed"

"It's why I can see thestrals" I whispered staring into the wood of the table "I saw her die"

He took my hand and squeezed it gently, then began rubbing circles on the back of my hand. I could tell he wanted me to continue but didn't want to push me. With a slight sigh I decided to carry on

"I still don't know who killed her" I said "I'll probably never know...all I saw was the deadly green flash then watched as my mothers lifeless body fell to the ground"

"Where were you?"

"Hiding" I admitted "Mum hid me somewhere in my room, under covers so I wouldn't be seen. However being me...I secretly watched the scene unfold...never stood in that spot ever again"

"Ophelia I'm sorry-" He started as tears rolled down my cheeks, however I interrupted him

"We're so similar" I chuckled slightly "that's what probably brought us together"

He furrowed his eyebrows, questioning what I mean

"Both our mothers died to protect their children"