тнιяту єιgнт

Start from the beginning

Jin looked at the old couple, "No, it's ok. In fact, I feel nice when someone my parent's age talks to me like that", he smiled.

The old couple looked at each other for a few seconds.

"What's on your mind dear?", the old man asked.

"I was just wondering... Strange isn't it?", Jin asked.

"What is?", the old couple looked at him, intently.

"How you can be so desperately in love with someone even when you haven't spoken to or seen them for years", Jin said, his eyes glistening as he thought about Taehyung.

The old man smiled in response. Holding the old woman's hand, he replied, "Yes. I think it is incredible how despite the distance between you both, you'll never stop loving them. That's just how love works I suppose. You either love them forever or you never loved them to begin with. Love doesn't leave just because the person does."

"And that is why I'm stuck with him forever?", Jin asked even though he knew it too well that there was no going back.

The old man patted Jin's shoulder, "I hope that the person doesn't leave".

"He already left", Jin felt the regret and sadness coming back. "I always meant to hold him closer. But I don't always do what I'm supposed to do. It's because of me. He's gone now.", Jin said, teary-eyed.

"That is not what I meant", the old man tried to explain.

"I know. Thanks. It was pleasing to meet you", Jin smiled and bowed to them before he left the park. He didn't want to end up crying in front of the old couple and worry them.

A few minutes later, he was back in his room.

Hours passed by and he was still there, doing nothing.

He was still awake at 3 AM. It was like one of those days when he would miss Taehyung a lot and would be sitting up awake, not knowing what to do, how to stop worrying and how to forget.

----------------------------------------------

The next day, he woke up late; but he was feeling better. Even though he missed Taehyung every day, not every day was as depressing as the previous day. There were normal days too because he tried; because he had to be happy for Taehyung and for himself.

That afternoon, he was walking on the streets of Kyoto. He has been staying in Kyoto for almost two days, yet there were so many things to explore.

Kyoto is often referred to as Japan's most beautiful city and the best place in all Japan to experience traditional temples, shrines, gardens, geisha, shops restaurants, and festivals. And for some reason, Jin felt that the atmosphere there was friendly and comforting. He tried his best to enjoy it.

The things that made Jin love this city were its unique culture, the wide variety of Japanese cuisine, as well as the beautiful scenery that changes with the seasons. This time, it was spring, the best season to be here when the weather moves from cool to warm, with the cherry blossom trees flowering.

Jin stopped at a flower shop as something caught his attention. It was a bouquet consisting of beautiful, rare purple flowers. He even saw those before, in one of the gardens there. This time he took a closer look at it, trying to recall where he had seen it before. His eyes went wide and he became aware of his own heartbeat as he realized that it was the same flower that Taehyung grew in that abandoned house years ago. He looked at it in surprise.

"Are you looking for Smeraldo, Sir?" the flower seller asked Jin who was lost in thought. "Sorry? Smeraldo?", Jin responded.

"The flowers you're looking at, I thought you want them. They're one of the best ones here, also considered as one of the luckiest ones to gift to your lover. There are-", He cut her off short asking, "Do you know where they come from or who grows them?". He had a desperate look on his face.

"I'm afraid I don't exactly know where they come from", she replied.

"Ok. Can I know where you got them from?", Jin asked.

"Sure. I get them from the flower market and most probably all your questions would be answered there".

She gave Jin the address of the flower market.

"Thank you so much!", Jin said before leaving.

------------------------------------

The lady passing by stopped at the sight of the beautiful garden. Her eyes caught a beautiful purple flower. "The flower is beautiful. What is it called?", she asked the man in front of her.

"Smeraldo"

"Seems like one of a kind. What does it mean?", she asked curiously.

"The truth that cannot be told", he replied.