тωєиту

Jin chose not to say anything about already having dinner when he saw that Taehyung had already prepared dinner for the two of them. Luckily he didn't eat much before as he lost appetite for some reason.

They were now sitting with food in front of them. Jin wondered 'If he didn't have that mask on and had a beautiful face he would be like a husband material considering that he is the one that cooks with you, cooks for you, waits to eat with you, is kind of cute, has puppy eyes, and is protective towards you till the point that he is worried about you being squished by the mall door, calls your name with you an irresistible deep voice...'.  He almost slapped himself for thinking that. The first reason being that it wasn't ok to judge someone by their face and the second one, well, he didn't have to worry about it since he thought that his love for Ken wasn't that weak to be replaced.

"What happened today. How did it go?", Jin asked after he got back to normal.

Taehyung told him about the things that happened.

"I admire your spirit Taehyung. You're really a strong person. And you're getting there. Now the only obstacle that remains is that mask and you worrying about your face being ugly.

Taehyung, we cannot change the way we are, we cannot change the reality but we can always learn to accept it and live life to the fullest. That's all I can tell you right now."

"Thank you for your kind words, Jin," Taehyung replied. He took in everything that Jin and Jimin have been trying to tell him but he still felt nervous. Jin noticed it.

"Let's watch that anime once we're done eating," Jin said as he didn't want Taehyung to sleep the anxiousness that has been bothering him.

They were watching anime with that curious look on their faces. Jin just discovered that Taehyung liked it too. His hand almost involuntarily found Taehyung's. He thought 'Holding hands with a friend is normal, right?'.

When Jin nudged at Taehyung's hand, eventually sliding his fingers, interlocking with Taehyung's, Taehyung felt his cheeks getting warm and his heart beat unusually. But he loved that feeling, he never felt like this. Why is it intense than before?

With his hands holding Taehyung's, that fit so perfectly in his, Jin felt something he couldn't decipher because he never felt that before. He brushed his other hand over them to make sure that it was real, that it wasn't a dream. 'What is this feeling? Is it because he is too pure?'

Jin's grip tightened and his touch sent chills through Taehyung but at the same time it made him calm. He felt safe at that moment, forgetting about all his worries, all the bad that happened. For a moment he felt as if he is the luckiest person in the world. He felt comforted and leaned his head on Jin's shoulder.

After the episode finished, Jin turned off the TV. But the weight on his shoulder didn't move. He looked at his side and realized that Taehyung was asleep. He had to move him to wake him up.

The next day

Jin was ready and was about to leave in five to ten minutes for his shift.

Taehyung was in his room when Jin came in, "You're doing it, right?". This was the moment that Taehyung never wanted to happen, a moment that would change his whole life. He never wanted to take out that mask, but right now, he knew that he had to. It was hard for him to make up his mind to do this and he knew he couldn't back off now. Jin could feel Taehyung's anxiousness. It made him nervous too.

Taehyung took out the mask being afraid of what is to happen. Jin stood there with surprise, with his eyes wide open. He was frozen for a moment as if couldn't move. Then he took a step forward with his hand reaching up, "Your face-" he said with a shaky voice. But suddenly started taking steps back till he was at the door.

"I should've known". That is the only thing he said as he went out of the room.

 Taehyung's face was wet with tears by what just happened. Even though he knew that this would be the reaction when Jin sees his face, he still had that little hope for the reaction to be different. But it wasn't.

Jin didn't look back or speak to Taehyung before leaving the house nor did Taehyung have the courage to approach him at that moment.

He tried to get himself together but it wasn't easy. To forget what just happened about an hour ago, he tried to think about all the things that were important at that moment, 'I knew that people would react like that to my ugly face. I must be ready to face the consequences. I can't expect them to be good to me every time. I should accept the reality. And right now I should focus on being independent. I couldn't keep being depressed over Jin's or any other person's reaction. Right now, I should try my best for the job I got, I couldn't just lose it. I cannot look back from here, even though I face cruel and harsh things'.  He tried to get back to normal.

He got dressed after a while, ready to leave, but because of what just happened, he lost all the courage to look at his face in the mirror.

--------------------------------

Taehyung reached the restaurant fifteen minutes early. He was greeted by a person."Hi, I'm Sung-Ho, your trainer for two days. Originally, it didn't have to be me but unfortunately, that Hoseok crap isn't here so I need to be the one."

Sung Ho's attitude didn't seem good to Taehyung but he tried to shake it off somehow and tried to focus. For the first few minutes, Sung-Ho didn't say or do much besides having a frustrated look on his face.

He threw the menu template at Taehyung, "Take a look at the menu. I hope you're not that dumb to understand that by yourself. I don't think that I need to explain".

Taehyung was disappointed but not surprised. He took a look at the menu. He hadn't been to any restaurant before but fortunately, because of living with Jin, the cooking and cooking shows, he was acquainted with most of those common dishes.