тнιяту ѕιχ

Jin came back home hopelessly as there was still no sign of Taehyung. He filed a report that night. It was hard for him to sleep, Ken tried to calm him down, but it wasn't that easy.

The next day, Jin went to Taehyung's room and checked everything once more, but nothing of him was left there, except Jin's spare clothes that he gave him to wear the first day. Jin held them in his hands. They made him nostalgic. There wasn't a minute when Taehyung's face didn't flash before his eyes.

He walked down and started searching the kitchen and the living room once again. He remembered the note, it was a paper from his notebook. He searched that desk that had the book. The book was there. But something was missing. The file, that had information about Mr. Kim and his family, wasn't there. Jin sighed with a little relief. He previously thought that Taehyung won't ever go back to his family that could kill him anytime. But when he found that the file was missing, he thought that maybe Taehyung really went to Mr. Kim, so there was still a chance to find him. He hoped that they didn't do anything wrong to him.

He called Jimin who had an original copy of that file and asked him for the details.

He wasn't ready to rely upon anyone else to do the work. So he decided to go to Daegu himself but Jimin insisted to go with him, so they both went together.

They reached Daegu in the afternoon and found Mr. Kim who was alone in the house.

Jimin and Jin sat in front of Mr. Kim and it hurt Jin to realize how much Taehyung resembled his father. He couldn't stop himself from yelling, "Sir, this could've been a formal talk but Mr. Kim, what kind of a selfish father are you? How could anyone leave their five-year son alone just like that? Even a five-year-old boy wasn't as weak as you. Do you have any idea how much he suffered? And how could you just let him go through all those disgusting things that that psychotic woman and her-".

"Who are you to yell at me?", Mr. Kim interrupted.

"It doesn't matter who I am but I am much better than you, your psychotic wife, and those two freaks who go around with knives without knowing how to use them. If I ever see-", Jimin held Jin's hand, telling him to stop yelling and ask the important thing first.

While Mr. Kim had some amount of regret on his face, Jin continued, "Mr. Kim, Taehyung has been missing since the day before yesterday. Have you seen him? Was he here?"

"Is he really missing?", Mr. Kim asked, trying to look worried.

"This is not the time to show us how worried you are, you could have done it when it was needed. Mr. Kim, have you seen Taehyung? Was he here?", Jin asked.

"No. I haven't seen him for the last sixteen years", Mr. Kim replied.

"Are you sure? Do you know where he would go?", Jimin asked. "You've already done much harm and lying is only going to get you in more trouble, I will make sure of it. So think before you answer", Jin added.

"Yes, I'm sure. I didn't see him again and I don't have any idea where he would go", Mr. Kim replied.

Jin and Jimin looked at each other hopelessly.

"If you ever wanted to know, he was doing great. He is precious, unlike most people.", Jin said and got up trying to hold back his tears as he realized that Taehyung wasn't even at the last place that he thought of.

The last bit of hope that he had was gone too. Also, there wasn't any update from the police regarding Taehyung's whereabouts.

That day too, he couldn't sleep. He felt restless and hurt wondering where Taehyung would be, whether he was in any trouble, whether he had any food. He knew how naive his Taehyung was and it worried him a lot.

---------------------------------------------

Three weeks went by, still, they didn't get any information about Taehyung.

As days passed by the probability of finding Taehyung was fading. Jimin and Jungkook tried to convince Jin to stop worrying and remind him how Taehyung said that he would be ok. They tried to remind him that even if Taehyung was naive, he was also a strong person. He wanted to leave Jin's life just to make it better. They tried to convince Jin to get better and stop worrying about Taehyung too much, that they are really trying to find him and he would be okay.

But after Taehyung left, Jin realized how important he was to him, how much he missed his presence. It wasn't just worrying but also the longing to see him again.

Ken was always there for Jin even though he was slowly realizing what Jin really felt for Taehyung. It was nothing like what was between Jin and him but much more. Jin didn't tell him to stay, yet Ken stayed, not being able to leave Jin alone in that depressed state.

Four months later

Jin and Jimin were sitting at the office. Jimin saw how Jin wasn't getting any better. Also, the hope that they tried to give him didn't help at all.

Even though Jin tried to act normal, the people close to him knew that he was not ok. His smile and laugh had changed, he stopped cracking dad jokes, he spent most of his free time alone, the glow on his face wasn't the same as before.

"I don't want to ask or say this to you but I have to. Are you aware that there's isn't much probability or should I say at least no probability of finding Taehyung?", Jimin asked Jin.

"Yes. But it is still hard to believe how he left just like that." Jin said.

"Believe me, I feel that too. But at some point, we need to think about the reality here. I mean, we'll definitely be searching for him for some more time but right now, we don't even know for sure if we will. I hate to say this but maybe you know what I mean. Whatever the future unfolds, we have to accept it someday. And I hope that it is something good", Jimin said.

"I know. Maybe you can do it, but it is hard for me. I've lived with him for so long. I'm still trying but it is hard for me to not be reminded of him every time", Jin replied.

"Yes, maybe I understand you a bit. It must be much harder for you because your feelings are different. Everybody knows by now. In fact, I suspected for a long time. I even asked you about it. I was worried that this would happen. I could see it in your actions that you love him.", Jimin said.

Jin never realized before, the kind of connection he had developed with Taehyung.

Every time he was with Ken, it reminded him of Taehyung. He realized how everything seemed almost nothing without Taehyung around him.

He missed seeing those innocent and beautiful eyes and the smile that would make his heart flutter.

Almost everything reminded him of Taehyung.

The alleyway, the streets, the kitchen, dinner, breakfast, his house, restaurants, the night sky, the moon, the flowers, the movies, anime... the more he tried to forget, the harder it got.

-----------------------------------------

One night, Jin was sitting on a park bench, looking at the sky wondering if Taehyung was doing well and if he too was looking at the same sky as him.

Jin then looked at the person beside him. He was surprised, his heart started beating unusually as he saw those same eyes, staring right into his, that same face looking at him.