𝟏𝟑.) 𝐁𝐞 𝐌𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞

- Sorry for any mistakes.
-  The next day.

Sunday, October 13th,2019 1:35 pm

Tommie's(T) P.O.V:

Sitting at the hospital, I was watching tv with Mama Ju and Juju

Sitting at the hospital, I was watching tv with Mama Ju and Juju. After a couple of hours, she had finally woken up making Ju calm down a bit. Today we are suppose to find out what was the cause and what triggered. Ju was in deep thought. He didn't want to eat or do anything productive. We had school tomorrow and he had a game so I knew he wasn't gon be feeling it. The doctor came in with a clipboard, sending a bright smile my way. I smiled back at her and told Ju to come sit next me.

"Hello Mrs.Richardson how are you feeling today?" The doctors asked.

"I could be better, but i'm not complaining." She said smiling.

"Ok. Well you know we ran some test and we made sure it was ok by asking for son first. We looked through them and figured out what the problem was."

" Alrighty. Go ahead and just let it out." She said adjusting herself. 

"Mrs.Richardson i'm sorry. The cancer has gotten worse . We noticed you been losing weight which is also one of the symptoms." She said and the room was suddenly quiet.

"I- well, Do I have a time limit or can I fight this out?"

"Mama."

"Jermaine we need to know this information. The truth hurts but being stuck and confused is going to hurt more." She said and Juju just put his head down.

"For untreated pancreatic cancer, 3 1/2 months. If you choose to do a treatment you could live for 8 months or even longer. The treatment is expensive depending on what you plan on getting. "

"How much could any treatment cost?" JuJu asked. The doctor sighed before finally talking .

"49,000 to 134,000"

"What the fuck" Juju said rubbing his hands down his face. I was shocked as well. I don't know how people pay for this shit, definitely in a short amount of time.

"I think your insurance can cover some of it. I'll make sure and let you guys know. I'm going to leave and give y'all some time because I know it's hard. If you need anything please contact me." She said handing me a card. I put it in my phone case and put my attention on MamaJu.

"Jermaine please don't stress yourself over this. I already told you. If i'm not stressing you shouldn't be either. I'll be ok."