Episode 1 - Hot For Teacher

Start from the beginning

"How big is this cake, exactly?" I ask.

Cole grins devilishly. "Very big."

"Pizza's fine with me," Lloyd says before disappearing to his room.

"What's his deal?" Jay asks, jumping up onto the countertop and earning a glare from Zane.

"I honestly don't know," I say. "He's been acting like this for a few weeks now."

"Could it be that he misses your parents?" Kai suggests.

I shake my head. "No, we saw them just last week."

"I sense that it is just stress. Remember, without that aging potion, he'd only be ten years old," Zane says.

I sigh. "You're probably right. Maybe I should talk to him."

"No," Zane says quickly. "What Lloyd really needs is to relax. Let him have his alone time, it should help him to clear his mind."

I nod, frowning slightly.

~

"Pizza's here!" Uncle yells.

Immediately, Kai, Jay, Cole, and I are in the kitchen. Nya appear moments later and Zane and Lloyd shows up last. Lloyd plops down in the chair next to me and immediately reaches for a slice of cheese pizza, childish giddiness shining in his eyes.

"I see somebody is in a better mood," Cole says as he reaches for the meat lover's piece.

"Yeah," Lloyd agrees, glancing over at Zane, "much better."

I smile, reaching for a sausage piece.

"So what have you all been up to today?" Lloyd asks.

"Jay, Cole, Tasha and I have been watching the new Star Farer movie," Kai replies. He takes a bite of his pizza.

"Wha- you watched it without me?" Lloyd exclaims, turning towards me accusingly.

"You were busy moping in your room," I retort.

Lloyd crosses his arms and grumbles about me being a traitor.

"I was working on an upgrade for my mech," Nya says, changing the subject.

"That sounds fun," Zane says. "What did you change?"

"For starters, I upgraded the GPS to match that of New Ninjago City's. Second, I strengthened the thrusters with some of Cyrus Borg's new technology."

"Oh! You've got Borg's new stuff! Why didn't you tell me?" Jay yells.

"I don't have his new stuff, I replicated it."

"Oh."

"Anyway, I also gave her a new coat of paint, which she desperately needed," Nya continues. "If only I got to use her again."

There was a moment of silence as everyone reminisced about the days they actually got to do cool stuff. I would give anything to be in their shoes, however. Touring Ninjago is tiring, and I hardly ever get to see anyone but Lloyd.

"I think it's about time for cake," Uncle says.

I look around; nobody's finished their first slice of pizza, but the excitement of the meal has disappeared. Maybe cake is exactly what we need to lighten things back up.

"Great idea," Zane says. "Cole and I will go retrieve it."

A few minutes later, Cole and Zane return with a giant cake, and when I say giant, I mean giant. They baked me a sixteen layer chocolate cake with white frosting. Purple and silver sprinkles decorated the sides and on the top, in purple frosting, they wrote "Happy Sweet Sixteen Tasha!" in big loopy letters. The smile on my face was brighter than the sun as they set it down, lighting the candle on top.