5| CLINGY

CHAPTER 5

"Put your hand down Michael..." Michael turned while gritting his teeth with a questioning look,

"...don't make me repeat myself boy.

This girl does not know anything. I never taught you to hurt someone." Michael struggled back to bed. Evelyn was still shocked. She had turned white with fear. The strength in her legs left and she collapsed on the floor.

"Please take Julia and leave this room."

Evelyn nodded at the command from an anonymous man. She stood up and basically dragged Julia out of the room. Julia kept pleading on the top of her voice "Please marry me Michael" Sometimes life gives you such a cringe situation that you don't know whom to blame. Evelyn felt sorry for both Julia and Michael but one had to surrender. This useless battle of ego can't go on anymore. Evelyn brought Julia outside. Julia cried and cried. Evelyn held her as tightly and warmly as she could. When Julia became a little stable Evelyn turned towards her with a questioning look.

"Julia can't you just stop?" Julia stared at Evelyn and remained silent. Evelyn went on "Where has your self respect gone Julia ? To graze grass or what ? Don't you think you deserve someone far better than this scum."

Julia laughed sarcastically and clapped her hands
"Easy for you to say Evelyn..".
"Tell me ,is my misery show getting boring for you to handle that you are telling me this?" Evelyn stared at Julia in disbelief it wasn't like that; she politely repeated the same self respect thing. Julia stood up in anger.
"Easy for you to say Evelyn. These bookish talks don't apply in the practical world. You have everything, a nice family, a perfect career and a handsome fiance....."

Before Evelyn could say anything, Julia stood up and left arrogantly. Evelyn clenched her teeth at this. She was just being nice. Someone cleared her throat and she turned back. The same man from the room was standing and staring at her.

"This is what happens with people like you who can't mind their own business. Be a physician not a psychologist."

Evelyn had enough, she replied sarcastically "Says the one who can't teach his own son some respect."

The old man chuckled and sat down beside her.
"Judging a book by its cover, aren't you? How sad, I thought you were smarter than this girl"
Evelyn rolled her eyes at this

"I know more than enough. Michael had some mental issues that needed to be fixed. Maybe he should visit a mental asylum sometime soon ...."

The man chuckled softly again,
"Mental asylum is not a place for fighters like my nephew. It's actually meant for people like you who judge others without knowing the background pain." He sighed

"My poor boy had a sad life...."

"Get out of my room you buffalo" Michael flinched at the high pitched screaming voice of his dad. He opened the door of his room silently and peeked over . As usual, his mother was crying while sitting on the cold floor outside her shared room. It broke his heart. It never made sense to him why his dad brought other girls home like this. The night was getting cold and Lillian was still out crying there. He went to pick up his mom but she pushed him away. Michael hated this part. He always tried to help his mom but she never accepted him. Once he tried to raise his voice against it in front of his father only to be beaten black and blue by both of his parents.

Marriage is sacred and holy but one should not marry someone whom they never loved. This marriage was also arranged. Understanding and compatibility was missing. Lillian was beautiful yet from a lower middle class background. She was never accepted by her husband in the first place. He told her that lives like hers can only be kept as maids. She was a disgrace with whom he can never move in his circle.

At first Mr. Maxwell was really nice to Lillian but when his lust got fulfilled after using her body, he left her. Now every night there is a new sample in his bed. Lillian even after giving birth to his two sons was still as important as a broom. This has been going on in silence for a long time. Neither the grandfather of Michael ever noticed this or were oblivious of it. He never understood.

House was like a prison to Michael. He hated the setting of his household. He had one brother who was a happy child lost in his world. Everything was so messed up for him. He wanted to do something only to get snubbed by elders. They were not a happy family but still they pretended to be. He hated the fact how his mom effectively covered his father's wrong doings. Whenever he tried to say something immediately everyone silenced him.

He was always given the alibi to be a child acting like your age. Michael hated this fact with passion as he was unable to express himself. When God gave me a tongue let me talk to people. Once his father threatened him to cut his tongue after this silence settled in his spirit.

When someone is expressing their feelings please I request try not to silence them. Expression is the right of every being on this planet. If it all stays inside it causes a lot of problems.

Same was the case of Michael, he was helpless verbally and physically but anger kept brewing up in his heart. Enlightenment can be a blessing but it sure is a test for the one on whom it is descended on.

God knows how often he wanted to sneak into the warehouse , take a gun out of those cartons and shoot both of his parents. According to him, exploiters and the exploited were equally guilty. He remembered what he was taught at school. All human beings are born free. They have a right to express themselves. The reality often contradicts his learning experiences. How often it happens that elders teach children something and never adopt it by themselves.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░