22| CHARACTERLESS

CHAPTER 22:

As Lillian entered she saw a girl holding the hand of his brother-in-law with three of them standing in a frozen state. She stepped forward and shook Michael’s shoulder who was so lost in words that he only was able to point his finger towards a certain table. Lillian  went breathless. She did choose Julia for Michael but this type of behavior was unforgivable.

Enraged she stepped forward; Julia rose from her seat surprised. Lillian gave her a fine slap and she rolled off onto the floor. Kris after seeing Lillian tried to flee from the scene only to meet up with those eyes he never hoped to see; Evelyn.

“Evelyn, it's not what it looks like. I love you and only you.”

All the frustration and pain finally caused the brim of Evelyn’s patience to brew up; she snapped. Hand rose and it left marks on Kris's face. Kris's eyes popped out at this.

“You are a cheater. I hate you.”

Kris grabbed Evelyn’s jaw harshly.

“How dare u  hit me.”

Michael took him by shoulder and went outside. He gave a nice beating to Kris and he turned on his heels and ran away. Lillian  ditched the party and she dragged Julia to her car.

“Come on girl let’s have a chit chat with your mother.”

Before all that she took the ring from Michael's hand he was wearing. David silently forwarded her the pictures of Julia and Kris he took. Evelyn was a crying mess. Michael’s uncle was also not stable. So all of them left without eating; the shit show life gave them took away their hunger.

Lillian threw Julia in her friend’s feet. She threw a ring in her friend’s face as well. Upon questioning she yelled back.

“I came to return your favor, dear friend. I thank god who showed me your true face. I can’t believe what kind of daughter you grew up with ,who goes around in the streets flirting with random men. My Michael might be sharp of tongue but he isn’t characterless as your daughter. Find someone else with money and sell your daughter to them. I am not interested in taking this garbage to my home anymore.”

Lillian did not stop after it. She stormed out.

Once at hospital when Evelyn calmed down from her breakdown; Hailey gave her things and the key to her scooter. You go home and tell your dad about this. Now Evelyn was on her way to her home. When she got home she saw her father on his knees begging pardon to Kris's parents. Kris sat there with a disgusting smirk on his face.

Evelyn stepped up:

“Dad what's wrong?”

“You are asking what's wrong with a man who was informed that his daughter was having fun with random men despite having a fiance.”

Evelyn immediately answered:
“No dad I came home to tell you that he was the one who was with….”

Before Evelyn could complete her sentence a hand hit her face.
“How low will you fall, Evelyn?”
“He is lying dad let me explain”

kris’s mother clapped:

“This is the extent of cheapness, Evelyn. He caught you with your lover and ended up getting beaten up. Such a characterless girl you are Evelyn. I never taught my son lying.”

Evelyn’s heart broke as she wiped her tears.

“My dad never taught me lying as well aunt. You know what I am sickened and tired of this attitude. I will just go and die only then everyone can be happy.”

Kris stood up to stop Evelyn but she harshly slapped his arms and ran outside. Before Kris could reach outside Evelyn started off the scooter and went away.

“I can't believe my eyes David” Uncle complained “Tell me it’s a bad dream”.

“Sadly it's not a dream.” David massaged the elder's shoulders.

“Michael my son says something.” Michael was sitting like a statue ever since they got there. Michael sighed and picked up his blazer.

“Come on guys, let's go to the farmhouse.”

David helped Uncle in the car. Once settled, Michael started the engine; while passing through the river bank David  saw a familiar bike and a shadow climbing the safety guards.

“Michael stop stop stop; look.”
On focusing close, a flash hit Michael’s mind. Evelyn was wearing peach color. He dashed out of his car. The shadow climbed through the safety guards and was walking forward. In an instant he jumped and grabbed her head. Being a gangster he was agile from the former.

Evelyn turned:

“Let me go!”

“I can’t”

“I am a characterless girl who deserves to die. I can't take these false blames anymore.”

“You are an angel Evelyn . For me you are the most pure and beautiful creature on this planet.”
Evelyn couldn’t say anything. Michael used his full force to pull away Evelyn. He brought her to his car and gave her water to drink. Uncle gently patted her head and Evelyn ended up crying her eyes out in front of them. Uncle ordered Michael to turn the car towards the city. There was something necessary to be done!

Car stopped in front of Evelyn’s house. Uncle, David and Evelyn went inside while Michael was instructed to wait out. David showed Julia and Kris's photos while Uncle had a hot debate with Evelyn’s father. In the end he apologised to them and even to Evelyn. He sent those photos to Kris's parents and broke off engagement.

Next time before trusting anyone else trying trusting and listening to your own daughter first, Michael’s Uncle said before leaving.

Julia was lying on her bed. Tears were flowing out from her eyes continuously as the day played in front of her eyes. Michael is doing this all because of Evelyn.. She felt hate creeping through her veins. The phone vibrated beside her pillow and she attended it.

Evelyn you will pay for destroying my life!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░