15| COURAGE

CHAPTER 15:

It’s a sad fact that with the passage of time we are turning superficial in every aspect. We look towards others opinions first. Relationships are for use and emotions are for sale now. Human beings are manipulated in the clutches of these limits so harshly that oftentimes it's hard to breathe.

Yet in result people live our lives for us. Lillian  was preparing for the official engagement of his son Michael with Julia. Smiling from outside but burning deep down in her heart.
Things didn't turn out as she expected. Julia was just a bait to keep Michael. At first it was such a great hurdle to bring Julia close to her son but finally when she did it was a pain. The amount of time Michael spent with Julia always surprised her.

Going to the office with her, spending the whole day, eating with her and then coming back late at night all drunk; was Michael’s routine. Even once on a rainy day when he came home all drenched and drunk; motherly nature of Lillian  went on loose. She tried to help him change but the way he flinched and called her “witch” broke her heart. What is Julia doing to my baby?

Perplexed and vexed she walked outside the house to check decorations.

“Please fix this side of light; it’s my son’s engagement. What the hell are you doing?”

she yelled and went inside. She made her way to the kitchen and asked about the food. Sometime was needed there as well. In frustration she scolded them As she stepped out her brother in law was sitting on Sofa with a poker face. Burnt like coal in her heart still she went forward and greeted him. He shifted in discomfort. Lillian  ignored and walked by:

“Why are you doing this to him? He is your son.”

“Doing what?”

“Connecting him with the girl he distastes the most.”

“Well it's not like I have a better option.”

“What do you mean?”

“At least this way my son wouldn’t end up like your brother.”

With this she walked away. Violence is of two types; one which we can see and one we can’t. Lillian  was doing a second type of violence. The most lethal of all; invisible abuse is always hardest to figure and hardest to overcome.

A wound from soward can be less harmful than a wound from the human tongue. She was pretending that she was saving Michael but in reality it was not like that. She was turning everything into her direction.

Soon Julia’s family arrived. The engagement party started. Whole community was in awe. Lillian  walked through the sea of guests towards Michael’s room. I must give him a dose, she thought. Last time she was ridiculed in her whole circle and now she never wanted that to happen. She opened the door and Michael was only standing in a vest while holding his suit in-front of the mirror. He jumped on his feet and instinctively covered himself. He turned his head to wipe his teary eyes and snapped back.

“Can’t you knock?”

“Bruh…this is my house why would I do that.”

“This house may be yours but this is my room. Learn to respect other people's space and boundaries.”

“Pfft…you watch who you are talking to! I am your mother. This lousy space of yours is in my house. You can’t dictate me things Michael. I even own every single ounce of your flesh and blood. I gave you birth. You did not fall from the sky.”

Michael had a perfect answer but he bit his lip and turned away. He started to get dressed. Michael’s coldness drew her more mad. She went closer and forcefully turned him.

“Now listen to me, I came to say that; when you come down stairs. I want a perfect smile and a total gentleman attitude from you. At least for once act like a sweetheart and dump this nasty nature of yours. Now is the question of my reputation. Don’t cause any scene. World should know that Michael is his mom's son , not a swine like father.”

With this she walked out from the room; leaving a very broken Michael. He sighed and started to get dressed quickly. I also need to muster up courage for this foolery.
Celebrations were in full swing. Evelyn gasped when she stepped out. Michael’s mansion was grand. How can I fit among them?

Why did I even think of that?

Kris was right. I should thrive in the likes of me. Michael and mine have no match. Kris held out his hand towards Evelyn. She held it. With arms in arms they walked in. He is my fiance. He is not bad. I just have to be at my best to keep him happy.

Everyone is happy. I should also be happy. Little did Evelyn know that thoughts are sometimes illusions. If we feed ourselves with these illusions, hurt is supposed to come. As they entered Kris greeted Julia while waving his hand. Evelyn stared at them in confusion.

When did they get so close?

Julia had a wide grin plastered on her face. Finally someone needs to be shown their limits.

The celebrations were in full swing. Evelyn and Kris entered Maxwell Mansion. Julia was giggling with her friends. Evelyn vowed to see such a splendid show. As soon as they entered Julia waved at Kris and he waved back.

Evelyn was surprised. When they got so close?

Julia had a wide grin plastered on her face. Finally someone needs to be shown their limits. She leaned in and hugged Kris and after it she hugged Evelyn. She took Kris's hand to introduce everyone while Evelyn was left behind.
__________________________________________________________________

Michael sat on bed all dressed up. Still he was sitting on bed all lost. David was continuously knocking at the door. He was getting on Michael's nerves.

"Get lost! I need some more time."

"Bro if I get lost this time then I will be blasted forever by aunt. She is fuming up down stairs like a pressure cooker downstairs. Come out now.

What wrong?"

"Get lost." Michael said in a dead voice.

"Man do you feel sentimental? Don't worry we are not putting you in Palki today." David jokes

"Very funny!"

Michael growled.

David opened the buttons of his suit and sat on the opposite side of the door. Another shut down, Michael often used to shut down like this.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░