17| RING EXCHANGE

CHAPTER 17:

Some of Julia's friends pulled the couple from stage to dance. They kept changing partners until time came; when Julia was with David and Evelyn was with Michael. Michael held onto Evelyn very dearly and kept dancing. Julia did not like it at all. Just then a waiter with a tray full of juices passed by; Julia bumped into him on purpose and as a result Evelyn's dress got stained.

"Oh my God! I am so sorry Evelyn." Julia faked

"It's okay." Evelyn stepped aside. Everyone was stunned at this accident. Lillian  Stepped forward.

"It's okay please settle down. Julia please go with her to my room. The dress which I got for you in the first place is there in the rightmost shelf of the closet. Please give her that to wear."

Julia's expressions changed in an instant.

"What dress aunt don't I remember?"

"The one which you rejected in first place for engagement."

"I don’t know what you are talking about aunt. Social service is so not my style" And with this she tried to escape. Lillian  Fumed up at this and held Julia with her elbow. She dragged the younger one to one side. She dug her nail deep in her arm. Julia cried at this painful sensation.

"Never talk back to me ever again, otherwise I will rip your whole existence in pieces." Lillian  Said in a dead voice.

"Sorry!"

"Now go and do as I say" she pushed her towards Evelyn. Evelyn politely tried to decline the offer but failed.

__________________________________________________________________

Soon Evelyn was in the room with the most distasteful person. As Evelyn sat on bed; Julia searched through the closet.

"So Miss Evelyn what do you deserve to wear?"

"Excuse me."

Julia took out a few fancy dresses and threw them in front of her.

"Here"

Evelyn extended her hand to examine them but Julia mocked;

"Are your hands washed Evelyn?"

"Excuse me!"

"What I mean that just look at these dresses and look at you. A typical poor girl from somewhat old mohallah. Do you think you deserve to wear them?" Evelyn turned red at this. Julia continued

"One should know its status and learn to stay in its limits you know. Just look at you, what are you? An average auntie type doctor and you try to compete against me only because I showed you my vulnerability. So disgusting and pathetic. But look who won me. You didn't get Michael nor his money. Low class girls like you just forget from where they come from."

"Enough" Evelyn wiped her tears and stood. Julia smiled and blocked her way.

"Oh no Miss. Evelyn is not so fast. I guess your respect woke up. It's good but bad timing though. Let me go down first you might come around later.

Okay honey? Wait here."

Julia collected dresses and placed them back. Evelyn sat on bed while holding her tears. Soon Julia left the room with a bang. Does class and social status limitize us? Evelyn glanced towards the statue of God which was placed in the room.

"Why God? Why is life so unfair? Why can’t I have him?"

Someone knocked at the door. Evelyn wiped her tears and opened the door. Lillian was standing there.

"Why haven't you changed yet?"

"Oh aunt sorry my senior doctor called. He asked me to come to the hospital urgently."

"Okay then come downstairs; engagement is about to start. At least see the ring exchange after it you can leave."

Both Lillian and Evelyn came downstairs. Julia was putting a ring in Michael's finger. Soon Michael put a ring around her finger as well. Everyone cheered and they both hugged. Evelyn saw them while holding in tears.  

MICLYN  's eyes met for a second in this. I am sorry my love. Without even muttering any word emotions were conveyed. After this Evelyn left with Kris. Julia mocked her heart after seeing the broken state of Evelyn. Finally the low class was shown her limits. When she forgot that she alone was no one to put limits on anyone.

Boundaries might be set by person in case relationships or personal space but setting limits on the finest creation of God. When God created everyone free was a foolery she was committing. God created everyone free. When there is always hope and possibilities for those who are willing to find it; I have to say there is always room for change. Now it’s up to us whether we clip our wings in the name of so called limits or keep looking for possibilities. God is really kind to us humanity. When he closes one door another one always opens up

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░