9| HYPOCRITICAL LIAR

C

HAPTER 9:

Evelyn gasped and rushed toward Michael. She helped him to lie back on bed. Michael was continuously rubbing his back. Evelyn bit her lip at this.

"Lie on your stomach for me Mr. Maxwell?" Michael complied and Evelyn checked on him. Michael was continuously whining. Evelyn was failing to find the reason.

"Can't you keep quiet for a second?" Evelyn growled.

"Try landing on the floor then say that!" Michael growled back equally.

"It's not like you landed on rocks; the way you are complaining." Evelyn mocked.

"Yeah neither did I land on cushions." Michael said while rolling his eyes.

Evelyn ran down stairs to find a painkiller and medicine. She applied medicine on his back slowly. Michael was having fun by getting all this attention. It was not like he was a misogynist as his mother told him. He never felt any attraction towards Julia but in case of Evelyn he was enjoying himself. He was surprised at how his heart went soft for this bratty doctor.

Evelyn finished up and helped Michael to sit. For a second Michael felt bad after seeing her concerned and sad eyes. He was only acting. He wasn't hurt badly. He was a gangster; strong and sturdy. People in the Mafia used to call him "Iron man". Evelyn poured water in glass and handed Michael medicine. Michael held Evelyn's hand involuntarily. For a second world stopped. Both of them stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds until they sneezed in Michael's face.

The glass fell on the floor and broke into several pieces. Michael wiped his face with the sleeves of his hospital gown. Evelyn turned to hide her tomato red cheeks. What the hell I just did? Oh God kill me please! Evelyn thought. Michael cleared his throat:

"Excuse me..." but before he could say anything Evelyn bowed and apologized "I am really really sorry Mr. Maxwell, it was totally unintentional. I just got confused when you held my hand....

" Evelyn stopped while speaking "......wait why am I even apologizing......" She crossed her arms and stared at Michael who was smirking at her "......yeah pervert it was all your fault.

Why did you touch me?" She said while complaining like a baby.

Michael laughed at her childish behavior. He stared at her with starry eyes; never in the world has he seen such a beautiful display of innocence and beauty. As he was lost in his lost

Evelyn interrupted him:

"Hey...."

"Quite a nice way to apologize Miss Doctor though.........I only wanted to ask, are you ok?" Michael said in a serious tone.

"Yeah I am fine what would be wrong with me?"

Evelyn patted her cheeks and turned to look in the window.

"I am perfectly fine."

"....but your eyes said otherwise...." Michael asked in concern. For a second Evelyn's heart sank. A stranger saw my sadness. Why Kris? Just why in the world did you do this to me?" She kept staring in space for a few seconds. Just at that time Michael saw through the broken girl behind this bratty doctor. He cleared his throat to get her attention:

"Doctor."

"Yes I am fine. It's just some personal issues please lie down...wait no medicine first." Evelyn handed him medicine. There was no glass in her reach. She shoved the water bottle into his mouth. Michael stared angrily at Evelyn at this. After this she picked up wine bottles.

Michael nervously asked:

"What are you gonna do with them?'

"Obviously throw them away; Alcohol is bad for health." Evelyn said while trying to hold bottles.
"It's not always bad." Evelyn gave Michael a questioning look at this.

"It's magical liquor. Try drinking ,it may make your worries disappear." Michael smiled "I always drink whenever I am dealing with shit. It takes my worries away."

After an hour, the room was echoing with Evelyn's boisterous laughter. Never in the world before Michael regretted himself this much. After just drinking half of the bottle Evelyn lost herself. He took a mental note not to get her drunk like this. It was fortunate that no one was there.

She kept talking nonsense about someone named Kris. He was bitter. He felt jealousy spreading up in his veins. Evelyn finished her another ridiculous story and smashed the bottle she was holding in the nearest wall. Michael was astonished. She covered her face and started sobbing. Michael's heart fell on the ground. He tried to get up but glass was shattered on both sides of the bed. He called her softly:

"Evelyn !"

" How dare he?"

"Dare what?" Michael asked in concern. Evelyn kept sobbing.

"I was his fiancé. Still he had the guts to touch that girl and lie on my face." Evelyn yelled in anger "I want to cut off his balls. Stupid hypocritical liar....".

Michael held his breath while witnessing her breaking apart. She was angry but she was more hurt.

"....then he said let me explain .....what explanation after lying on my face?"

Evelyn fiercely wiped her eyes. "Even, you are better than him.......at least you didn't lie on my face....for...." Evelyn pointed towards bottles while sniffing.

".....magic liquor..." Michael threw a joke to lighten up the tension.

Evelyn started giggling. For a second Michael's breath stopped. Evelyn was giggling with tears in her eyes; a perfect display of rainbow after a thunderstorm. Door opened revealing a worried Hailey.

"Evelyn, there you are, I was looking everywhere for you."

She stared at them and went towards Evelyn. Michael scrunched his nose like a kid who lost his favorite toy. Evelyn was dazed. Hailey was surprised after seeing the condition of the room. She picked up her dazed best friend but before they could exit Michael's voice stopped them in their tracks:

"What are you gonna do with him now Doctor?"

"I will kick his sorry self out of my life."

Evelyn said in a deadly tone. "Haven't you heard trust is a fragile glass."

Michael mentally clapped at this reply as Hailey dragged Evelyn out of the room.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░