6| HELPLESS

CHAPTER 6:

When your actions are contradicting your words how will someone adopt? A child wandering in your house is not something you should ignore. It is a sapling and a vessel. It absorbs everything that's going on around it. Children are very observant. If you are teaching them violence be prepared to get violence. If you are cultivating the seeds of love and kindness you will get that. A child by behavior is a clear ambassador of its household. Even my mom being a scholar and lecturer often points out the fact that by seeing a child's behavior we can directly access its background.

Michael was a smart kid. He excelled in studies. He was good at sports. He was tall. He had fair complexion and sharp features. From the very beginning he had a huge fandom of girls in school but he never paid attention to anyone. He had only one friend David. He was his best friend. Big or small he used to share everything with him. David was also kind and friendly. Oftentimes when Michael felt anxious, tearful or losing his sanity David was the shelter for him. He always held him and steered him clear. Both the boys shared countless years and were still holding onto each other. In a mean world of today where everyone is up to kill others, Michael was grateful that he had David.

He always depended upon him. He never even felt a tiny bit sorry to show his vulnerability. Oftentimes the things he told David were understood by him so effortlessly which shocked the former. At least someone can understand me, I am not as unreasonable and hateful as others say. Another guiding stone in his life was his uncle. He was the younger brother of Michael's father but was totally opposite to him. He was kind to him. He knew everything. He used to carefully listen to the rants of his young nephew advising him and steering him cleared a lot of things. The one thing he urged Michael to do was to put his heart into study. He emphasized on the fact that right now Michael needs to devote himself to study.

Michael listened to him. Power was needed. If you are helpless I don't urge you to pick up a gun or a knife and go on a fight. It will be pointless. It will be like hitting a beehive with a stick. Use your brain. It can be your greatest friend if used in the right way but it can also turn out to be the most fatal foe if left untamed. Plan and implement wisely. Michael remained patient and kept working hard.

He passed the school with flying colors. He wanted to be a doctor but was forced into business studies. Just because he was older and he had to take on the responsibilities of both the regular and Mafia business. He cried and yelled refusing to accept the change. Change is worth embracing not to fight with. It only made things worse for him.

When he finally understood ,he gave up his one wish for a higher cause. He stayed determined and patient. He gave time some time and soon the tide turned. Now his father grew old and he got stronger. He overtook everything.

Evelyn let out a cold sigh and wiped her tears. She felt her heart sinking. She always thought Michael to be an arrogant spoiled brat. She never thought someone like him ever endured any suffering. All of those sad happenings clearly explained his exponential anger. The old man handed her a tissue which she politely took after a thank you. Now she understood the bigger picture. The behavior of parents greatly impacts their children. Bringing up a child is a really big responsibility. Whenever God bestows any parent a child it's a clear test. The only ones who stand tall in such a trial are the ones who set aside all negativity. It's not the age to turn children into zombies just because of one's own hateful actions. We must reflect onto ourselves and particularly our actions. We need healers, leaders and positive human beings. If this system has to change we need to change because it all starts from within. Evelyn turned towards Michael's uncle again:

"But what's the story of Julia?"

"Julia is the daughter of Michael's mother's friend." He sighed

"Oh" Evelyn sounded amazed.

"Mrs. Maxwell was concerned about Michael. The hostile behavior that the boy exhibited often worried her. She was afraid that he would turn out like his father one day so she decided about Michael and Julia while they were kids." He rubbed his forehead.

"But this is wrong." Evelyn sounded in disbelief. She used to read about this in novels but in real life she never heard about it. Even in her case it has hardly been a year since she and Kris got engaged.

"Yes very wrong." he replied gently
"True...I mean for marriage consent of children is necessary." She shook her head.

"It is indeed because it's the right of children not their parents." He said while looking directly towards her.
"Yeah and poor Julia is exploited by her mom." Evelyn felt really sorry for Julia

"Yes. Michael declined her on a number of occasions but still ...."
"Still Julia is being clingy." Evelyn scrunched her nose

"Yes and that's why he got so harsh today."

"Michael is basically fed up with this situation."

"Indeed and that girl has no self respect." He said while correcting his glasses.

".....but Sir she is also helpless."

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░