12| DISGRACE

CHAPTER 12:

“No stay away from me you bastard.”

Evelyn yelled at the top of her voice. Kris leaned in and captured her lips. Evelyn cried fiercely with her eyes and prayed to heaven to save her. The angels took the prayer of distress to God and she opened up her eyes to see Kris lying with his face on the ground.

“Dude she said no. No means no.”

Michael growled like a wolf. Evelyn was dazed. Michael immediately held her hand and hid her behind him. Kris got up and wiped blood from his nose.

“Who are you to question me?

She is my fiancée, my soon to be wife , I can do anything with her I want.”

Kris walked beside and leaned in to get Evelyn.

“Evelyn  please listen.” Scared Evelyn held Michael closely. This was enough for Michael ,he took out his gun and pointed it towards Kris
.
“One more step and you are dead.”

“Who do you think you are?” Kris questioned

“I am…” Michael stared at Evelyn who was clinging onto him like a koala. “I am her friend. She saved my life once.”

“Pfft……how can a man and woman be just friends? Tell me Evelyn is it because of him you are declining me?” Michael shot in his right foot and Kris was again on the ground.

“Cheap…….why would she owe you an explanation. You will never understand us.”

Michael held Evelyn’s hand and left. He picked up her lab-coat and bag and helped her to get in the car. After that they drove off. Kris was staring at them

“……oh Evelyn you are going to regret this so much.”

The drive to Evelyn’s house was really long and painful. Evelyn was continuously crying. Michael took her service card from the address. If only Evelyn wasn’t there he could have happily sliced that bastard into pieces and never even feel sorry about it. He parked the car in front of her house and rang the bell. Very slowly he guided Evelyn out of the car. She wiped her tears. Just then a small boy opened the door. He held Evelyn and walked in. An old man was sitting on a rocking chair.  Michael greeted him. He got up in an instant and before anyone could say anything; he gave a slap to Evelyn.

“You are a disgrace Evelyn. How dare you defy my teaching and norms? You cheated on Kris for this wealthy brat then had the courage to bring him home as well…..”

Evelyn fell on the floor while crying. Michael tried to explain the whole matter to the old man only to be brushed off arrogantly.

“You could have left her there no matter what he was doing to her. He is her fiancé after all.”

After giving a good lesson of norms and morals he kicked Michael out of the house. Obnoxious zombies who cared more about norms rather than right and wrong while living in 2020; ignorance is indeed the root of all evils. Still norms stand out because they are indeed the curses travelling down to us from generations. What is the antidote to such toxins in your opinion? Does this cycle really have to continue? What can you do to stop it? In my opinion wait and when power shifts don’t repeat these mistakes again.

Warning: This part includes profanity skip if you want to. It wouldn’t affect the flow of the story.

“Oh Evelyn you are going to regret this so much” Kris saw Michael helping Evelyn into his car. After that they drove off. Kris saw his bleeding feet. There was nothing to worry about the hospital being near but there was something needed to be done first. He took out his phone, gritted his teeth and dialed a number. The other side immediately picked up:

“Namastay Uncle!”

“Bless you Son how are you doing?”

“How will I be when I see such a thing..” Kris purposely paused

“See what?”

“Well I saw your daughter and my soon to be wife Evelyn with another man in her car.”

“What are you saying my daughter is not that type of girl!”

“Yeah if you don’t believe me stay awake and see whom she returns home with” Kris mocked and disconnected the line.

Those who skipped can read from here

It was the third day. Evelyn was lying inside her room. Tears were endless. The way her father doubted her character just because of an outsider was burning holes through her soul. She did not eat or speak with anyone. Hailey came but she declined her as well. All alone in the dark room with her dark demons shedding tears on her misery. People go around acting hellish and talking miserable about people without failing to realize what effect mere words can have on someone's lives. In my opinion words are more lethal than an atomic bomb. It can kill people. It can scatter souls. One can mindlessly comment on someone’s life and forget but it’s the receiving end who has to bear the pain. Same was the case of Evelyn Kris in his agony scattered crystal clear character of a girl. Now. her father refused to see her face and other siblings were treating her as untouchable. On the fourth day of the incident Evelyn finally drew herself out from the miserable surroundings.

****************************************

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░