3| LESSON TO BE LEARNED

CHAPTER 3:

Michael insulted Julia. He told her that he never loved her. After that, he pushed her out of the room. Evelyn witnessed the whole scene. She wanted to teach Michael a lesson but she could not. She found Julia a crying mess. While she was consoling Julia; Julia's phone started to ring. She looked at the caller ID and panicked

"Oh no.......it's my mum"

She immediately wiped her tears and inhaled a large sum of air. The phone went off but soon started buzzing again. The caller seemed very anxious. Evelyn peeked at a view and the id showed the name "Mom". Julia picked up the phone and Evelyn remained there holding her hand tightly. Julia greeted her mother in a very lively voice. Evelyn gave a sad smile. Girls are such good actors, how often they hide and cry their eyes out in one corner and then move around with a smile as if nothing had happened. Such effortless actors are present all over the world and they genuinely deserve an Oscar for their patience. Only if we treat everyone like we want to be treated ourselves. Only if we are careful in our words and actions this world would have been a better place. She was cursing Michael in her mind. He could have been nicer.

"Hey, mom what's up?" Julia chirped
"Where the hell were you? I was calling like..." Someone from the other side yelled.

"...mm ...Sorry, I was with Michael mom.....you know in a cheesy situation. I just stepped out to attend your call." Julia exclaimed in a happy voice

"Oh sorry for ruining your moment honey but how is he?" her mom giggled from another side.

"He is a fine mom......just resting." Julia sighed

"Good you better keep up that effort honey. Young Maxwell is a fine catch."
"Yeah, sure mom." Julia brushed her fingers in her hair

"Ok honey see you and don't worry about coming home early I already told your father that you are at your Aunt's house helping your cousin sis in a project.", Julia's eyes widened at this

".....but mom it's 11 pm already. I am exhausted and I want to come home." Julia bit her lip in an attempt to hold her tears.

"Oh is that new you are always tired......" her mom said in a sarcastic tone

"Mommy please don't do this to me..." Tears escaped from Julia's eyes.
"No is not an option Julia" mom growled "don't you know our financial condition you need to do this for us. I have your other siblings to take care of as well."

"...but mom I will earn one day when I complete my degree." Julia sobbed
"Do you know how much time it will probably take?" Mom asked in an angry voice

"...but...mom?" Julia stuttered

"No buts be practical Julia......world is not based on your canvas on which you can draw anything you want...And what's wrong with Michael? He is handsome, rich and well educated. He is an easy catch so quit sulking and work hard honey. Hush now goes back to him. Bye." With this line immediately get disconnected. Julia dropped her phone and started crying more fiercely. Evelyn hugged her tightly. She felt sorry for Julia. She was a pretty girl but she was wasting herself in something so pointless.

"Evelyn I was only 8......when mom told me Michael is ......the prince of my dreams" Julia sniffed as Evelyn patted her head ".....ever since then my heart only.....beat ...for him......but now...." she cried "...what will I do now?...."

"There is always something better in what God does Julia my granny always said that." Evelyn said in a polite tone "If it's not Michael, maybe someone is far better than him waiting for you."

"What are you trying to say?" Julia asked

"You deserve someone better my dear. Someone who actually cherishe you, loves you and respects you." Evelyn smiled "....that kind of boy you actually deserve. If I were you I would have long kicked that cocky bastard and went away"

"Easy for you to say..." Julia detached herself from Evelyn and sniffed.

"It is easy my dear where there is a will there's away. You just need to take a stand for yourself.

You have learned ....."

Evelyn was interrupted by Hailey
"Evelyn kris is here." Evelyn frowned at this, not him. Kris Knight was the fiancé of Evelyn. More like you can say, a fiancé that Evelyn never liked . He was too simple for her taste. Evelyn often lectured him but he just laughed it off. After a stressful day, Evelyn was not ready to deal with him. As Evelyn was lost in her thoughts Julia stood up. "I think I should also get going." Araya was on duty so she stayed behind and both girls stepped outside. Kris was standing outside. When Julia saw Kris she gasped; tall, handsome and looked at that car next to him. He must be very rich. Evelyn is so lucky. She was gushing over what her senses were registering. Ironically she was unable to see what lies beyond the visible. She held Evelyn's hand and bid farewell. She winked at her before leaving "Nice item you got there." Before Evelyn could say anything, Julia went away.

Meanwhile, in the car, there was an awkward silence. Evelyn was thinking about Julia. Kris looked at her worriedly. He cleared his throat to get her attention. Evelyn turned her head. Kris began worriedly:

"Are you okay Evelyn?"

"Yeah ...kind of." Evelyn sighed.

"How was your day at work?" Kris asked

"Usual but really draining." Evelyn sighed

"Is that so ...?" He turned his eyes towards the road. The conversation is fine but I have to keep my eyes on the road as well.

".....mmm yeah......I just got a case of an angry psycho man. It is such a problem to deal with these days and you know the girl I was with..." Evelyn stared at him

"Who.....I didn't notice ?" Kris said thinking

".....aish silly the one who stepped out with me." Evelyn laughed.

"Oh yeah ...that one what's she has to do with the situation," Kris asked while turning the car.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░