20| DRAMA

CHAPTER 20:

David filled the glass with water and handed it to Julia. She was a crying mess. It was a pain for his heart to see her crying like this. Julia took glass with shaking hands and sipped water. David sat on the nearest chair.

“I mean why? Both of them love to humiliate me.”

“I am telling you again Julia. You are going down a wrong road. You deserve much more.” David emphasized. Please read my eyes someday, love! The unconditional love which you were searching is right here in front of your eyes. Why are you so blind!

“But I loved him from my childhood. I only fancied him being his princess. I can’t turn away now when I am so close.” David sighed. Just because you love in a relationship for long does not necessarily mean that you have to stay tolerating any toxicity. You got one life and in this one and only life you deserve to be held and cherished.

“So what now?’ David asked in a serious tone.

“You are his best friend, please talk to Michael. Tell him to treat me nicely.” Julia begged. “It may appear like I am doing this for money which is partially true but I love him. He is the only one who can give me butterflies on this planet.”

“I don’t think it’s my place to talk with him Julia and particularly about you.” David clenched his fists.

“What do you suggest then?” Julia took out tissue to wipe her mascara.

“Try to blend into his color and go with the flow. May be good come your way sooner or later.” With this David stood up. “Come on now let me drop you home it’s getting late.” Julia smiled at this and nodded. David patted her head gently. Such innocence and beauty!

“Hurry up. I will be waiting in the car. Come down after collecting your things. As your love mentor I might have a thing or two to say which will have your interest to hear.”

Michael reached home. He was drenched in water from head to toe. The engine of the car broke in the way. He was cursing his fate. He called David who soon after dropping Julia came to fetch him.  Lillian  was sitting in the TV lounge. She was watching another usual TV Show. The media these days! Michael ignored and passed her quickly. He was stopped in his tracks; when Lillian  growled:

“From where are you coming at this hour of night?”

“Office!” Michael turned on his heels. It has been a rough day for him. This was not an ounce of strength left inside him to retaliate. A creepy smile crept on Lillian ’s face.

“What happened? Why are you soaked up like this?”

“Car broke.” Michael sighed.

“Oh! Was Julia with you?” Lillian  took another sip of coffee.

“No, David dropped her home.” Michael rubbed the dot on the marble with his foot.

“How did you get here?” She continued.

“David dropped me.” Michael answered while rubbing water off from his hair.

“So my son is already a hen-pecked hubby. Oh wow! What a shame to the honor of the family.” Lillian  ridiculed. He must have called David to send her back first, she thought.

Michael's mind blew up at this accusation. If a man treats his wife in a good way that doesn’t mean that he is a slave to her. This is a really sick mentality which needs to be white-washed from our society. Just as parents deserve respect and care, the same goes for the wife. Yet it’s a shame how boys are taught to oppress the other half and treat her like a shoe; so that she can’t lift her head in general in-front of anyone.

Relationships are bilateral in nature which comes enveloped in a bouquet of rights and responsibilities. If you want to maintain the balance; you need to be fit enough to fulfill both of them.

“I don’t owe you any explanation about it. Why are you even complaining now? It was your wish that I get along with Julia. Now when I am doing that, what's the mess about?”

“The mess is about that my dear son be a real man. Don’t lose yourself in-front of that third class girl.” Lillian  yelled. “More you give her, the more she will ask. So it’s better to keep her in her limits.”

“Like dad kept you or like grandpa kept granny?” Michael smirked. Good so now she is getting insecure because of Julia, he mentally giggled. Tables are now turned. Lillian ’s face lost color for a second. She snapped:

“Shut up!”

“You shut it as well mom. This is my life I will do as I please.” With this Michael turned towards the stairs. Going with flow was a bad idea.

________________________

Kris was continuously dialing Evelyn’s number. She wasn’t picking up. He was losing his mind. While on the other hand Evelyn was stuck in a surgery and Hailey was having way too much fun in ignoring his calls. When it kept on for long; Hailey started to develop a headache. Enraged, she picked up the phone and gave Kris a good piece of her mind. He was stunned and disconnected after apologizing. He was bored so picked up his phone and dialed another number.

Julia was lying in her bed. A little chit chat with David really calmed down her nerves. The way he handed her glass of water and patted her head was different. It brought up another weird unknown feeling. It must be friendship. She was smiling and thinking about David when her phone rang. It was kris. Delighted she instantly picked up his call and started talking happily. Kris cracked jokes and it lightened up her mood. They were good friends but Julia took him more like an elder brother. She talked about the way she was feeling towards David but Kris snubbed her from this.

“You don’t deserve anyone better. You deserve the best and that is Michael.” kris emphasized. He told her not to lose heart so soon and chase him.

“Go with the flow Julia. Love is always hard to get but it’s worth fighting for. It will get better soon.” Julia instantly agreed. He told her to make up with Michael. They ended the call with a promise to meet soon.

“Sorry Julia but you can’t let go of Michael not now. I need you right now.”

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░